Chapter Ten

Nina's Pov
A small sounding hiss left from my parted lips trying to roll over at the sensation of the  pressure being held on my side. I was quite sure I was a goner a few short times in a matter of minutes of arriving back at the cabin. Laughing Jack got to work quickly with laying me on the couch before applying pressure with gaze focused on hand.

"You need to hold still for me, I've managed to slow some of the bleeding down. If you keep breathing in and out it really will help." I strained my eyes for a moment to focus on the present grown across his face, I watched the way his claw slightly tapped almost anxious like over the couch armrest, his eyes flicking to watch my body for anymore change. I inhaled a gulp of air before speaking watching the way his head tilted up to focus on me yet again.

"I know you told me to stay put but you were gone for a really long time I was worried I was- half prepared with my own self defense weapon and other things I was just worried about you. You could tell that 7 foot clown was so disappointed in me, before his free hand stretched to cup at my cheek weakly.

"Try and get some rest... I'll watch over you."

___________________________
The low mufflers sound of the living room tv had me fluttering myself awake away from the deep sleep. It was a low rumbling of something random, I was quite lucky the pain wasn't fully intake just some soreness as I moved with a bandage wrapped tightly around my whole waist to my upper side. It all came rushing back to me finding my eyes scanning the room to see Laughing Jack mindlessly watching the tv screen.

The soothing sensation I finally was able to take notice was his claws slightly scratching at my back in a small pattern.

I weakly found myself smiling before I was speaking slightly startling him before he was tilting his head in my direction. "Is it true you've had other people in your domain? I'm not upset I'm just curious." The expression on his face was enough for him to groan, moving to turn his body to face me.

"What did Jeff say to you Nina?" I flicked my eyes for a moment to study the flickering images across the wooden walls. They seemed more interesting then looking into his eyes for a while minute.

"Nina what did he say?" I puffed out some breath before I faced him, shrugging my shoulders back into a relaxed state. I found my hand lifting up to wrap around his larger one squeezing at his claws a couple times with a smile.

"He just told me I wasn't special, talking about how you always get infatuated with girls who see you kill. He said you just kill them when they no longer interest you." Laughing Jack sighed deeply a little moving to sitting closer next to me, lifting his other hand to trace over my cheeks in light comfort.

"Nina I'm gonna be honest okay? I have deep attachment issues, I've been alone for a long while and all I really want is someone to want to stay not be forced. Most of them only came because they were infatuated with the thought of meeting a monster. It's not all that cracked up to be." A smooth was chuckle sounded out watching his eyes move down for a moment.

"So for a while I just wanted anyone to stay then.. They wouldn't and it grew a sad cycle then there was you, I found myself always coming back to your house after the day. You were just amusing, a drunk but you never lied about who you were. Totally freaked out meeting me." He shook with small laughter cradling my face even more.

"So no before you start thinking that little thought into your head. You are different from the others. Not in the sense that you ran from me but you had a sense of what you wanted and still a clear concussion. I love you Nina that's why it's different because I know you'll stay.. Because you're alone too." My eyes fluttered a couple times leaning into his warm touch shutting my eyes for a deep moment.

"I've been alone for a long time... Now that I think about it but... I love you too I really do, even though you are addicted to candy." He snorted through some laughter, leaning in closer he pressed a kiss to my temple with warmth as he moved his head back for a moment. His own whispers filling my ears.

"I love you too my drunk special girl, that's what you are."