Chapter One

Nina's Pov
Sometimes sad stories weren't really sad. They were just really bad stories told to the wrong people. It was a silly thing my mom used to tell me growing up.

Oh Lord, what she didn't know wouldn't ever kill her. When I was younger I had a wild imagination for someone growing up. And like all little kids I once daydreamed that I would be the best teacher alive.

It was a childish dream like everyone's kid. But in fact, I wanted to be a teacher, I wanted to be a string of hope for kids who grew up in broken homes and that place always starts somewhere. My story starts at my assistant preschool job, where I witnessed something that till this day still haunts me to my very core.

It was the day I realized that sad stories were really sad stories told to others in the dark. It was like any other day at the Rainbow Danie Preschool, all little four years old children and younger rushing around with their youth and innocence.

I was cleaning up the classroom like usually humming while the kids of class A were having playtime outside when I glanced up through the strands of my own rainbow hair I saw the young girl Nancy Young. She was an adventurous little girl, with bright blonde pigtails with the ribbons tied in.

She had many friends but in the growing days, she seemed to wanna stay inside and draw all the time, singing this tune that would get stuck in my head. With a small grunt, I pushed myself off the floor scooping up papers making my way over to her hearing the loud scrubbing of her crayons on the paper.

I sat down next to her seeing her look up at me, tucking her legs under her bright pink and white dress.

"Hey Nancy sweetie, how come you aren't playing outside?" I asked her sweetly seeing her giggle she then shoved the paper towards me across the table. "Look Miss Nina this is my friend." She beamed at me wiggling around in her seat.

I breathed out a small chuckle but I scooped up the paper a little staring at the deep use of black and white and grey crayons. I stared at the drawing with a strange unsettling thing in my gut. "Who's this Nancy?" I asked her gently hearing her humming the tune much louder.

"That's Laughing Jack he's a clown, he plays with me when I'm all alone, he gives me candy too he's funny." She laughed quietly a quick shake to her head amused. I stared scythe drawing there was a figure that had to be almost over 6 foot but it was just creepy looking with sharp teeth, monochrome everywhere.

Black hair and claws as well. Like every adult would even though I was nineteen I shook the feeling away as it being a four-year-olds imagination we all had our fair share of having our own playmates growing up.

I remember the final words I told that sweet little girl who wouldn't hurt a fly. "I'm sure he is an amazing friend Nancy."

When the end of the day neared I just couldn't shake the creepy drawing from my head throughout the whole day I mean how could anyone really. I remember faintly that I had forgotten one of my bags once all the children had been picked up by parents.

I remember the squeak of my shoes on the hallway tile, I remember just how I was breathing when I looked inside the classroom door to see the once beautiful walls of rainbow, splatter with the crimson stains of red blood everywhere.

It was splattered in a sick way, and I remember silently crying while holding my mouth when I saw poor little Nancy cut opened her once life full eyes dull, and held pain while her inside were being eaten while I saw that creepy drawing had came to life, it was a clown but not one I had ever seen standing over her body.

A few manic laughs coming from him, his large pointed nose had blood, the claws had blood, and I remember just when I saw those eyes stare at me I had ran for my life-shaking and almost screaming when I got outside I had rushed straight to my car not even wasting time I had called the police in my car hysterically crying and almost screaming the scene forever being in my mind like a sick movie driving and shaking.

I'll never forget that Monochrome clown who was staring at me with the blood all over him, his eyes holding shock and surprise.

A creature like that had to have had a sad story and I was soon gonna find out just what that story was.