33

After the night of the family diner at the Baker's house, Juliet noticed a change in her boyfriend. Someone who was once care free and happy had become short tempered and distant. When she would try to be there for him, she felt him pull away.

Early Saturday afternoon she pulled up to the Baker's to pick Jordan up for their usual trip to Eagles Cafe to hang out with some friends. The last two weeks Jordan had no motivation to go, leaving Julie to fly solo. She wasn't taking no for an answer that day. She knocked on the door and when it opened Jordan was on the other side. "Hey." He said as a smile came over his face. "Hey." She smiled back and stepped towards him. He pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her tight. "I thought maybe we could go to the Cafe together."

Jordan let out a light sigh and said, "I don't feel up to it, Jules."

"Why not? Football season is over, go live. Have fun with your friends."

"Scrimmage season is starting soon."

"Jordan, it's the beginning of December. Scrimmages don't start until spring."

"And I need to keep up with conditioning to make sure I'm in the best shape I can be."

"Then I'll come to the gym with you."

"No-"

"Why not? Jordan, I feel like I've hardly seen you these last few weeks and when I do it's because you're already running off somewhere. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you s-"

"Yes, Jules, I'm sure." The words that rolled off his tongue were sharp and the reaction on her face told Jordan she didn't appreciate the way he was speaking to her. He even caught how rude he was being himself. "You know.. you're right. We should go and hang out with everyone for the afternoon."

"Are you sure?" She asked as she suddenly become hopeful.

"Yeah, I haven't seen the guys outside of school." He walked up to her and pulled her into him again. He wrapped his hands around her waist and kissed her lips and then her neck. "Then maybe after we can come back here for some alone time. My mom is away for the weekend for some campaign meeting."

"What about Liv?"

"She's with Chris."

"Your dad?"

Jordan dropped his hands from around her and stepped away, "He's on vacation."

"Without you guys?"

"Yeah, went with some of his former NFL buddies, he left last night."

"Oh, that sounds nice." She smiled. She grabbed Jordan by his hand and she pulled him back to her. She kissed his lips and she kissed him deep. She melted as his hands found their way to her hair to get tangled up amongst her curls. "We should get going." She laughed as she pulled away from his lips slightly. He kissed her again and said, "They're still going to be there in and hour, you know."

He took her hand in his and he headed for the stairs as she followed behind him. He lead her to his room, the room they've been to together so many times before. But there was a hunger inside of Jordan. A hunger that he knew he wasn't going to be able to ignore until he had his fill, his fill of the girl he loves, his fill of Juliet.

______

Monday morning the halls were filled with students who were pushing to make it until winter break. They had just eleven days left and then they had two and a half weeks off.