59

Spencer needed to get away so he headed to the cabin. He needed time alone to figure out just what he wanted in life- or who he wanted. He finally had Layla back, the girl he loved junior year but lost and found over the summer. But with his therapy sessions, feelings he had lingering were surfacing and he second guessed himself, maybe he did love Juliet as more than a friend. Maybe he was just suppressing feelings to make it all less complicated.

As he sat in the cabin, he remembered the day his dad passed away. He remembered the way his heart broke all over again, the only difference was that time he knew he was never going to see him again.

He heard the sound of car doors shutting. He assumed it was his mom coming to check on him, but when he walked out the door he saw Layla making her way up to him. "What are y'all doing here?" He asked. "Um, we're here for you." She replied. "Is that okay?" He wasn't sure what to say. He looked at all his friends then saw Juliet's white Mercedes pull up. He watched her as she got out of the car and his heart suddenly started to race as she looked his way and smiled with a big wave.

"Yeah." He replied then looked back to Layla.

Spencer wasn't the only one who noticed Juliet's arrival. Simone was less than happy to see her there and it didn't take long for to want to separate herself and Jordan from her. "Who wants to go for a hike?" Simone asked once the cars were unloaded. "Sure." Olivia smiled. Layla looked Spencer's way who nodded his head. "I'm down." She said.

"Alright, so the ladies go on a hike while the guys set up camp?" JJ asked. "Sounds good to me." Olivia replied and she and Layla started walking for the trail.

Simone looked at Jordan and said, "I was hoping you'd go." "We can go later, right now I've got to help the guys." He replied.

She let out a light and followed behind Vanessa. Her plan for the hike was to get her and Jordan away from Juliet, but that severely back fired when Juliet decided to stay back with the boys.

"What, no hike for you?" JJ laughed knowing exactly why she didn't go. "Funny, JJ." She told him as she carried her bag into the cabin.

"I'm glad y'all showed up." Spencer told the four as they all headed inside. "Yo, I still can't believe that JJ convinced Vanessa to come with him." Jordan laughed and he gave him a sarcastic laugh in return and said "Well, she loves the wilderness."

"She does?" Asher questioned.

"Yeah. So this is the perfect place to pop the question."

"Wait. What?" Asher choked.

"Hold up." Juliet said with wide eyes.

"Yeah. I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend."

"That ain't what 'pop the question' means, dog."
Spencer laughed.

"Not at all." Juliet added.

"You do realize that your couple's name will be 'Va-Jay-Jay'" Jordan smiled which caused everyone to shake their head.

Spencer let out a light laughed and then looked out to the dock on the lake. He wished he could sit there with his dad just one last time. Without realizing it, he disconnected himself from his friends and made his way out there to reminiscence his father.

"Yo, where did Spence go?" JJ asked then went to look for him, Asher followed which left Juliet and Jordan alone.

It was awkward for a second. Neither of them really knew what to say. "How's your concussion?" Juliet asked. "Uhm- good. I'm set to play the next game." He replied.

"That's awesome."

"Kyle didn't want to join in on the weekend fun?"

"He's on a beach trip with his friend Connor. So I guess you could say I'm 9th wheeling it this weekend." She laughed.