43

The secret of Jordan and Simone was kept quiet amongst a few people. Those of which being the Baker family, Spencer, and Asher. Jordan wasn't ready yet for JJ to even know. Jordan kept his public appearances around Simone short and sweet, and hardly kept up with her daily through text. His relationship with Juliet was growing stronger with each day as they rebuilt the foundation of it all, he was hopeful they would get back to where they use to be.

Jordan walked into the Cafe. And when he did, he was taken back by what he saw. His blood instantly started to boil as his face turn red with frustration. Not because he was angry, no, but because he was jealous. He saw Juliet sitting at a table and Kyle was sitting across from her. Kyle.. of all people, Kyle. He took in a deep, sharp breath and let it out. His feet started working before his brain did and he headed for the table. "Kyle." He said in a surprised voice that was almost sarcastic. "Crazy seeing you here." Kyle didn't say anything in response, but he didn't need to, his face said it all "Jordan." Juliet quickly said when she saw Kyle's face. "What are you doing?"

"Just saying hi to our friend Kyle, Jules."

"Oh, so we're friends now?" Kyle chuckled.

"Any friend of Juliet's is a friend of mine."

"I didn't know you two were back together?"

"We aren't." Juliet quickly responded which slightly deflated Jordan's ego in that moment, especially when Kyle pressed his lips and nodded his head. "We're friends." Jordan told him, which didn't help his failure at intimidation.

"Well, any friend of Juliet's is a friend of mine." Kyle smiled and tapped Jordan on the arm. Juliet had to admit, she was impressed with Kyle's whit.

She could feel the awkward tension in the air, and just as she was about reach for anything to kill the silence, Jordan changed the topic. "Have you seen Spencer? I was hoping he would be working, I need to talk to him about something." "He went with his mom, Dillon and Darnell to the cabin to look for Corey." She replied.

"They have a cabin?"

"I guess so."

"And Darnell went with?"

"He did."

"Shocking seeing as a month ago Spencer wanted Darnell to get lost."

"People change." Juliet reminded him. At that time Madison appeared from the bathroom. "Jordan Baker." She said with very little excitement. She wasn't over with he did to her cousin. "Madi! Hey! How are you?" He smiled, not catching onto her attitude.

"Pretty good. I'd be better though if you didn't break my cousins heart."

And the tension only got thicker.

"Okay!" Juliet nervously laughed as she stood up. "We have to get going."

"We?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah. I'll catch you later or something. Okay?"

"Oh Uhm- yeah." He replied.

Kyle stood to his feet as he held Jordan's eyes. "I'll see you later, buddy." He told him with a smile. All Jordan could do was nod his head in response and look towards Juliet and watch her as she and Madison left walking side by side, soon followed by his archnemesis, Kyle.

It bugged him seeing him with Juliet. And it bugged him even more that he really didn't have a right to care. If he had it his way, Kyle would be off limits. He would be long gone and she would have nothing to do with him.

Jordan saw Olivia sitting in the back corner at a table on her phone. He made his way over to her, taking the second chair. "Is Juliet with Kyle?" He asked her. "Are you with Simone?" Olivia sharply replied.