4

Spencer and Juliet walked into school the following Monday after their big win just days before. As Spencer walked the halls girls eyed him up and down while guys shook his hand or gave him a high five. He was the big man on campus. Suddenly everyone loved him. "All this love over a win?" He said as he looked at Juliet. "Beverly loves a victory." She smiled then noticed Jordan standing at his locker near by. "Hey, Spencer." Coach Baker said as he walked up to him. "Do you have a moment?" "Yeah, what's up coach?" Spencer replied. "I'm gonna go talk to Jordan." Juliet told Spencer then looked at Billy and said, "Good morning, Coach Baker."

"Morning, Juliet." He replied with a smile. As she walked away she couldn't but over hear the first part of their conversation.

"So we have a problem." He told Spencer as he leaned into him. "Chatsworth is contesting your transfer permit." "They what?" Spencer asked with wide eyes. Coach Baker tapped Spencer on the arm and motioned for him to follow.

Juliet walked up to Jordan and said, "Is it true? Is Chatsworth really questioning Spence's transfer permit?" "Yeah," he replied. "My dad got the call last night." 

"What the hell? How would they-"

"I have no idea."

"I bet it was Asher. I bet his ass is hurt because Spencer took his place in the game on Friday."

Juliet start to walk around Jordan to go find Asher to confront him but Jordan looped his arms through her stopping her.

"Asher is your friend. Besides you don't know for sure that it was him. What if it wasn't?"

"But what if it was?"

"Are you willing to take that chance? Let me talk to him, alright? I'll let you know what I find out."

Juliet look up at up Jordan and took a deep breath in as she slightly rolled her eyes

Juliet look up at up Jordan and took a deep breath in as she slightly rolled her eyes. "Fine." She replied. "But if it was him you tell him I'm going to kick his ass, okay?"

Jordan let out a laugh and wrapped his arm around her shoulders as he said, "I like this feisty side of you."

"Of course you do." She laughed back at him.

"We're gonna fight this." Billy told Spencer and Principal Landon as all sat in his office. "They're accusing us of recruiting." Principal Landon said. "You're gonna stand there and tell me it's not true?"

"He's a straight A student."

"And that's why the football coach went down to Crenshaw to recruit him, because he's smart? That's not gonna fly, not with the board."

"Okay, what if he moves to this zip code?"

"Yo, my mom can barely afford to give me lunch money. You think she can afford to move us to Beverly Hills?" Spencer told him.

"Alright, we're gonna figure this out." Billy sighed.

"How?" Spencer asked. "Look, face it Coach, it's over."