63

Standing at her locker at the end of the day gathering her book bag, Olivia walked up to Juliet and slammed her back against the locker next to her. Juliet gives her a confused look and said, "What?" "Have you talked to Layla?" She asked.

"Not since 6th period."

"Did she seem fine?"

"Uhm.."

"Are you serious? You really have to think back two hours?"

"Hey, you're putting a lot of pressure on me right now."

"She's not talking to me."

"Well,-"

"Well what? What do you know?"

"Nothing! God Liv, why so tense?"

"I'm not."

Juliet shut her locker and looked to Olivia. "Okay. To answer your question, fine. She was fine in 6th period."

"Are you sure?"

"I am." She assured her and then headed down the hallway for the door. As she did, Jordan made his way down the stairs and started walking by her side. "What's up with your sister?" She asked him.

"I don't know, why?" He replied.

"She's tense."

"Yeah, she's been that way since summer."

"Seems you've both been acting weird since summer."

"Yeah.."

"How's the head?"

"It's good. Should be ready to go for homecoming."

"Whoa, Homecoming is in two weeks?"

"Yeah, I know."

Juliet stopped in her tracks and looked at Jordan. He slowed down and turned to look at her. "Jordan, you're not even cleared yet."

"No, but I will be. Spencer's been practicing with me."

"He what?"

"Jules, it's fine." He chuckled and started to walk away. She reached out trying to stop him, and when she did she grabbed his hand. They both looked down at their hands. Jordan grabbed hers back and as he did, Alyssa appeared out of no where.

"Oh, so you cheat on Jordan with Kyle and cheat on Kyle with Jordan?" Alyssa laughed. Juliet and Jordan immediately let go of each other's hands and Juliet rolled her eyes. "I didn't cheat on anyone with anyone."

"No, you just fucked them both."

"Lay off Alyssa." Jordan snapped.

"I don't think so. Not when she's dating my cousin. You are still dating my cousin, aren't you?"

"I am." Juliet mumbled. She liked it better when she didn't know.

"Then why are you holding your ex-boyfriends hand?"

"I'm not."

"You were."

"We were just talking." Jordan sighed.

"Do your new boyfriend and girlfriend know you were just talking?"

"Exes can talk." Juliet snapped.

"Sure they can. When they can be trusted."

"I don't have time for this." She told her and started for the door again then tapped Jordan on the arm.

"Go ahead, run away like you always do. You're good at it."

"No, I just don't want to get suspended for decking you on the face." She yelled which caused Jordan to laugh as he followed behind her.