1

Word traveled fast in the large school that is the Beverly High. Coach Baker took it upon himself to recruit a line backer from Crenshaw Heights to come play for his team. Some looked at it as honorable, while others looked at it as charitable. But either way, the Beverly Eagles were hopeful that a state championship would be in their near future. And they were hopeful Spencer James would be the man to get them there.

As Julietta Banks walked down the halls of Beverly, she couldn't help but notice the boy walking ahead of her who seemed lost. He glanced around classroom to classroom as he looked down at the paper in his hand. "Can I help you?" She asked as they got closer to each other. "Uhm, yeah, if you wouldn't mind." He replied. "I can't seem to find room 304."

"You must be new here." She laughed.

"Yes ma'am. My name is-"

"Spencer James." She smiled as she held her hand out. "We've been expecting you."

Spencer let out a nervous laugh as he took her hand and shook it. Not only was he nervous to be around a Beverly girl, but he was also taken back by her beauty.

She had a cherub face that was perfectly paired with honey colored eyes and long golden locks. Her smile was infectious and her skin was fair but sun kissed at the same time.

"I don't know why, I'm just a boy from Crenshaw is all."

"With an impressive resume. We're lucky to have you."

"I don't know about all that."

"Don't be so modest." She told him as she grabbed onto his arm. "Room 304 is this way."

As the two walked down the hall, Spencer took in the school. There were no dents in the lockers or a speck of graffiti in sight. The walls were bright white with detailed wood work all around. It sure beat the socks of Crenshaw.

"So what do you think?" Julietta asked him as she saw him look around. "This school is dope." He replied.

She let out a laugh and said, "Dope?"

"Or I mean-"

"No! I like it. It's nice to hear someone use the words other than immaculate and exquisite for once."

She suddenly stopped at a classroom door, held her hands up and said, "Room 304."

"Awesome, I owe you one." He said as he reached for the handle. He stopped and turned to look at her. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name is?"

"Oh, I didn't. The name is Julietta Banks. Most people call me Juliet but my friends call me Jules."

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you, Juliet." He smiled at her. "The pleasure is mine, Spencer." She replied before he disappeared into the classroom. 

"What the hell are you doing?" She heard someone ask from behind her. When she turned around Beverly's wide receiver Asher Adams was standing there looking at her. "What are you talking about, Asher?" She asked and started to walk away.

"Getting friendly with Beverly's newest?"

"He couldn't find his classroom, so I showed him."