53

On his drive to Beverly Hills after the kiss he shared with Juliet, Kyle's nerves were completely shot. There were knots in his stomach he didn't think would ever come undone. He felt like he was going to throw up. And his palms were sweating. When he got to the Bank's front door, he knew there was no doubt he was about to throw up.

He placed three firm knocks on the door trying to build confidence and a Kimberly answered it not long after. "Kyle." She smiled "I didn't know Juliet was expecting you." "She isn't. I'm actually here to speak with Mr. Banks, and you, if you wouldn't mind."

"Of course not. Ezra is out by the pool watching the baseball game. I'll see you to him."

As the two made their way from the foyer past the living room and kitchen, Kyle could hear Ezra outside yelling at the TV. "Catch. The. Damn. Ball!" He shouted.

"Ezra, sweetie. Kyle is here to speak with us." Kimberly said as she walked out the folding glass doors.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" He questioned as he took a sip of scotch and motioned for the two to sit down. Both doing so.

"I wanted to talk to you about Juliet and I." Kyle nervously started.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes sir, everything is great, actually. That's why I was wondering if I may have the permission to date your daughter, from the both of you."

A wide smile came over Kimberly's face. She was flattered by Kyle's respect to ask to date their daughter. Ezra on the other hand sat his glass down and looked back at Kyle with an expressionless look on face. "You want to date my daughter?" He asked.

"Vey much so, yes, I do."

"I highly respect you for that, Kyle. Coming to my house and sitting down with my wife and myself for permission. Not many young boys do that these days." Ezra pressed his lips together and didn't say anything for a moment, which caused the knots in Kyle's stomach to pull tighter. "I won't give you the talk on how I expect you to treat her right." He finally continued. "I feel in my gut you will."

"Does this mean I have your permission?"

"Of course you do." Kimberly smiled as she placed her hand on his back and gave it a small pat. "Juliet is up in her room. Why don't you go share the good news."

"Yes ma'am. And thank you, to the both of you." He smiled at them then headed for the doors.

"Door stays open!" Ezra called out and then looked to his wife.

"What?" She asked.

"I like that boy."

"Me too."

Kyle quickly made his way about the lower level of the house, up the stairs, and to Juliet's door. He knocked once then opened it to find her sitting in her window seat reading the latest Nicholas Sparks novel. "Kyle." She said closing the book as setting it by her side. "I didn't know you were coming over." He walked into her room and said, "Yeah, sorry. I didn't really want to wait any longer."

"For what?"

"I talked to your parents."

A small smile came over Juliet's face as she sat forward on her window seat. "About us?"

"Yeah." He smiled back.

"And?"

"I was wondering if you would officially be my girlfriend."

Juliet jumped to her feet and let out gasp making her way over to him. "Of course!" She replied jumping into his arms. She placed her hands on the sides of his face and pulled his lips to hers. Never would she have imagined the boy she randomly hooked up with a year ago, would now have her heart. It's crazy how life just- happens.

A/N: It's short, yes. But only because this needed to happen and the next chapter sets off a total different storyline I have worked up, and it just wouldn't work for them to be in the same chapter! I should have just written this in with the last chapter but I wasn't feeling inspired to write this scene. All I gotta say is this chapter chapter will be🤌🏼 and will set the tone for chapters to come!!