The Talk

Lilac's POV

Sea pushed Lilac to Dr. Smolder's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Dr. Smolder called.

Sea pushed Lilac into the office and sat on a chair.

"Do you know why I called you here today?" Dr. Smolder asked.

Lilac shook her head.

"Ah, well. Then I must get to explaining. Sea already knows this, but I'm not sure you do. The bones in your arm are healed and the bones in your legs are half healed. Your paralysis is wearing off, more on your arm than your leg, but in a few weeks, you will be able to go to school without a wheel chair. 

"You will still come here for weekly check-ups and when you aren't feeling well, much like your friends Navy and Shell."

"So I'll be able to start doing my extracurricular activities soon?" Lilac asked.

"Umm . . . " Dr. Smolder looked at Sea. After a long while of silence, he said, "No."

"What?!?" Lilac exclaimed. "Doesn't me getting better mean I can start doing my activities?"

"No," Sea said, shaking her head. "Many patients who had serious injuries aren't able to do the activities they used to. They are allowed to, but many of them suffer extreme pain as they try to push themselves. We can't have you getting more hurt than you already are. Talk to Navy or Shell. They can tell you about what it's like."

Lilac looked at Sea. "They know what it's like?"

Sea nodded. "Now, let's get you back to your room. You need rest."

Sea wheeled me out of the office. The way to my room was silent.

She helped me into bed and turned off the lights. "Good night, Lilac."

I didn't bother responding. 

I was too busy trying to find an answer for the question in my mind.

Who am I without my skills?

-----

OH MY LORD! I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN BASICALLY FOREVER! I REALLY HOPE YA'LL AREN'T MAD AT ME!

hope you enjoyed the short chapter!

edit: is there suspense? maybe.

word count: 327