The New Student

Winter's POV

Winter sat in the front of the class. His mom, Tundra, was the teacher, so he was expected to get good grades. He tried not to fall asleep, but found himself drifting off. 

Tundra's class phone rang, and he jumped, fully awake now. The girls, who were sitting behind him, chuckled.

"Fine," Tundra slammed the phone down. She stormed out the door, and Ms. Asha, the nurse who is the substitute whenever needed, walked in and sat down.

The door opened again and a girl with strawberry blonde hair walked. She was wearing a reddish-pink blouse and light blue shorts.

Sea gasped from behind him. 

"Hi. I'm Cotinga. Is this Mrs. Tundra's class?" the girl said.

"Yes. I'm their substitute Ms. Asha because Principal Thorn wanted to make a good impression on you," Ms. Asha said.

Cotinga chuckled.

"Why don't you tell them about yourself?" Asha said.

"Of course. I'm Cotinga. I have a younger sister named canary, and I'll be here for a while," Cotinga said.

"Well, Cotinga, you can sit next to Sea," Asha said.

"Sea!" Cotinga exclaimed

"Cotinga!" Sea said. They hugged.

"You two know each other?" Qibli asked.

"Yeah. We met at Jade," Sea said.

"ttyl," Cotinga whispered to Sea, who was on her phone.

*at lunch*

"hey S," Cotinga said as Sea started pushing Lilac toward the nurse.

"I told you not to call me that," Sea said, annoyed. 

Everyone else was a few steps behind.

"Whatever.  Why were you on your phone for most of class?" Cotinga continued.

"I don't attend the school. I still go to jade. It's just I'm the medical aide for Lilac here. So when she needs help, I help her. Otherwise, I'm on my phone." Sea explained. "Speaking of schools, why are you here?" 

"sSaying here for a while," Cotinga said vaguely before their conversation drifted to other topics.

When the winglet arrived at the nurse, through the glass they could see a navy haired girl arguing with Asha. Finally, Asha pointed to the wall opposite of the door, which was made of glass and led to a small outdoor area.

"Sorry for making you all wait," Asha said as she opened the door. 

"Who's the other girl?" Qibli asked, pointing outside.

"Someone," Asha said

Winter raised an eyebrow.

"All of you, eat your lunch," Asha said.

They all went to the chairs outside of the nurse's office.

"Who do you guys think the girl is?" Peril asked. 

"I recognize her from somewhere," Turtle mumbled.

"What?" Winter asked, not that nicely. 

"I said, I recognize her," Turtle said.

"From where?" Kinkajou asked.

"From the beach," Turtle replied.

*Flashback* Turtle's POV

Turtle walked from his family's huge beach house. It was the week before high school, and he and his family were staying at their beach house for the week.

"Turtle!!  Go claim that spot over there!!" Tsunami called from closer to the house. 

Turtle looked at where Nami (A/N: weird nickname ik, but everyone always calls her Tsu and I wanted to be unique) was pointing. He quickly laid down his towel and sat on it. 

Nami, Anemone, Auklet and his parents soon got to where he was, and laid down their towels.

His mother, Coral, had brought a cooler with water. The 4 kids each grabbed a bottle of water.

Anemone and Tsunami gossiped about stuff. 

Auklet started building a sand castle.

Turtle started to help her.

Around sunset, he saw a girl with navy hair in a navy bikini. The girl looked about his age. She was coming out from the ocean, her hair in her face. She flipped her hair over her head, revealing her face.

Her eyes met Turtle's for a second before she was called away by her family. She ran to them, leaving Turtle alone as he picked up his stuff.

*Flashback ends*

(still Turtle's POV)

"Do you know here name?" Qibli asked.

"No," Turtle said.

"Well, we should figure it out," Qibli declared.

---

i should really stop adding characters.