twenty six.

That following morning, the lovers found themselves cooped up in the large bed, limbs tangled together with longing yet sleepy eyes gazing into the other's. The Prince's long fingers created patterns and shapes on her exposed shoulder, pressing ever so delicately on the skin that was touched by another man against her will less than eight hours ago.

The image of her body whimpering in discomfort in the arms of that horrid butler haunted Harry all night. He didn't sleep for a minute. Instead, he watched her sleep, in his arms, safe.

But early that morning, she awoke to find him already peering at her with a side smile. She rolled over on to her back, glancing up at the tall cathedral ceiling and feeling simply elated that he had come to her rescue.

"How did you sleep?" He hummed, thoughts derailing and returning to present time. The sun was peaking in through the curtained windows on the opposite wall, threatening to inform the pair that at some point, the Prince would have to go to his duties of the day.

"Alright. It took me a little while to fall asleep. I..I just kept thinking he was going to come back and-"

"He will never come back, Leah," Harry interrupted her with a firm voice. "I told Louis to make sure he left his position immediately. He isn't in this household any longer, and even if he were to show up- which he would not- I'm right here to kick his ass back to hell."

She burrowed her head further into the crook of his neck, inhaling his sweet scent. The prickle of facial hair growing on his chin bristled her face, but the softness of his curls took the pressure off her skin.

"I really can't thank you enough, Harry," she mumbled in a quiet tone, feeling for his hand under the silk duvet. His larger one squeezed hers tightly.

The Prince humbly didn't respond, simply kissed her head and continued to trace patterns on her shoulder blade.

It was so peaceful between them, with lovely silence lingering in the air, that when a sturdy knock sounded on the door after a few minutes, the girl jumped in alarm.

Harry froze, eyes locking on the door with a visible shadow of two feet lying underneath. Maybe he was hoping the mystery person would lose interest and go away, or maybe he was concocting a plan, but the Prince didn't move.

The knock became more persistent and Harry then gave up. He pulled over the duvet, filling the space with cold air. Leah watched him as he slugged on a jacket over his casual sleep wear, grumpily trudging over to the door.

His strong arm pulled open the heavy barrier with determination, ready to confront whoever it was on the other side.

From the bed, Leah peered around the Prince's frame to spot Louis standing there, clad in his valet attire. Relief of seeing a familiar face was an understatement for the peasant girl. She almost began to rise out of the confines of bed to greet the mutual friend but stopped when she noticed the stressed face he wore.

"Jesus, Haz. Sleeping in? I thought I didn't have to wake you up for once. Do you not recall the scheduled meeting this morning?" Louis raked his lean fingers through his feather hair.

Harry blinked. "Oh. Shit."

"Yeah, shit," the valet agreed with a roll of his eyes. "You're already five minutes late. Shall I get the carriage ready?"

"Yeah, yeah," the Prince winced, him, too, ruffling his hair in exasperation.

Leah watched the whole thing. She saw realization hit her lover's features in a quick second.

"Wait. Is today the meeting that's like, three hours long?"

Louis nodded, glancing at his set of papers perched on his arm with the Prince's schedule for the trip.