fifty three.

One week later

Prince Harry stared at himself in the grand, diamond encrusted mirror. He looked good. He was no longer exhausted, and he was no longer unhappy. Harry had finally reached the summit of a metaphorical mountain of emotions he had felt during the past three months.

His parents were gone, but their legacy lived on through him. He didn't want to be sad anymore. Harry laid awake for four hours two nights after Queen Anne died. Alone with his thoughts as Leah slept next to him he realized he had so much more to be happy about than sad.

For starters, he was about to welcome a baby into the world any day. A tiny human being he had been anxiously awaiting for nine months was soon to arrive. Someone he and Leah had created through love and passion. 

Along with that, Harry and Leah were being crowned King and Queen of England. He had expected this day for a long time and it was finally here. They were to be rulers together.

Looking back into the mirror, Harry's eyes focused on a figure who appeared in the back corner of the frame. She approached him quietly, her body growing in the mirror where he watched her. They stayed silent until she was stood directly next to him in front of the mirror.

She looks so beautiful, he thought to himself, scanning the way her curves fit the middle of the red and golden patterned gown. Her bump filled the front of it and made her look extra stunning. Her long earrings drooped to a few centimeters above her collarbone. Her shoulders and a portion of her chest were exposed where the dress did not have material. The sleeves continued halfway down her forearm.

"Are you ready?" she quietly spoke to him, looking up at him through the mirror. His black suit looked wonderful on him. A traditional, ceremonial, red robe was laid over his shoulders and was long enough to touch the floor. He looked like a proper king.

"I think so," Harry responded, viewing himself. He reminded himself so much like his father. "You're going to be a Queen."

Her breath hitched. "I can't believe it, really. Everything that happened..I never envisioned this day to actually happen."

Leah turned her body to face him and she took his hands in hers. "Please..can we promise right now before it happens that we will be the best rulers possible. I know what it's like to be poor and working to keep food on the table. I want to help those people, the people I grew up around. I want to make them feel important and noticed. Whatever that takes.."

"We will. We'll make revolutionary changes, I'm ready to help our people. We can do what we want now."

Leah smiled at him, feeling a wave of admiration and love wash over her. He was everything she ever wanted.

"I love you," she told him and he leaned down to press a long, lingering kiss to her lips.

"I love you," he promised and then held his palm to her stomach. "And I love you."

*****

The church was filled with over three hundred people, leaving not a single inch of space between each body in the packed pews. It reminded the couple, as they walked down the aisle together, of their wedding day not too long ago.

All eyes were on them, just like before. They didn't touch, simply stared straight at the altar and the two thrones awaiting them. A choir of young boys sang hymns as they slowly graced the red aisle. The train of Leah's gown and Harry's robe trailed behind them a few yards.

Once the couple reached the tip of the altar steps, the bishop walked forward and blessed their bowed heads. He stepped back and Prince Harry held out his right arm, to which Leah gracefully set hers upon it. They walked forward together to where the bishop positioned himself in between the two thrones.