epilogue.

Three Years Later

"That was a brilliant hit, Ezra," King Harry praised his son proudly, jogging over to the tiny boy. He picked him up by his waist and twirled him once, causing the boy to laugh out a musical laughter.

"Daddy, down!" he giggled, falling into a fit of laughter as his father tickled his sides.

"I'm proud of you," Harry said as his excuse. "Shall we try it again?"

Prince Ezra glanced over to his mother for confirmation. Queen Leah was sat on a black bench with the newborn baby girl perched on her lap.

"You may," Leah permitted. "Afternoon tea starts in fifteen minutes so we all must be back to the castle by then."

Prince Ezra beamed at that, happy to be able to play with his father for a little while longer. He treasured these moments. The King generally had about an hour a day to play in the garden with his children.

The small boy ran back to his stance, lugging with him the cricket bat. It was the second week of spring and Harry decided it was time to teach his son how to play cricket. Ezra was a natural.

"Watch me, Winnie!" the young Prince called over to his baby sister.

Winnie Anne Elizabeth Styles was born five months ago on a chilly winter morning. She had brown curly hair, taking after her father, as well as his nose. However, the little girl's eyes already showed signs of being a sea blue like her mother's.

"She's watching," Leah replied, grinning while holding the baby to the side to angle her facing the two Styles boys. Winnie let out a gurgle.

The bright, spring sun twinkled in their eyes and warmed their bodies. Birds chirped from the massive, swaying trees and butterflies fluttered around them, attracting Princess Winnie's attention.

King Harry pitched the ball over to his son and Ezra whacked it with the rectangular bat. The ball flew a few feet before crashing to the ground and bouncing a few times on the dewy grass.

"Did you see that, Mummy?" Ezra asked excitedly, jumping up and down on his short and stubby legs.

"Me and Winnie both did!" Leah applauded. "You're getting so good!"

The toddler ran in a circle two times before collapsing to the ground and giggling. Harry picked up the Prince, laughing to himself as he positioned the boy onto his back. Ezra held tightly.

"Watch the wet ground, Ez," King Harry jokingly warned. "Nanny will have a fit if your new clothes get grass stains."

The Queen then noticed her guard step out of the castle backdoor.

"Oh, it looks like tea is ready. All right, everyone inside." Leah ruffled Ezra's golden brown hair as he passed by on her husband's sturdy back. "Grandmum and Uncle Ben and Cal will be there," she reminded them.

The little boy cheered in excitement, thrilled to be seeing his uncles and grandmother again. Queen Leah carried baby Winnie back into the castle with the boys next to her.

Their guards met them at the back entrance of the garden to guide them through the corridors. The family trekked up the grand marble staircase in the massive foyer and into just one of the multiple drawing rooms for tea.

A butler posted outside the room opened the door widely for the royal family and stepped back for them to enter.

Angela, Ben, and Cal Bates all stood up in unison. The boys, now older and dapper teenagers were dressed nicely in dark suits and bow ties. Angela was clad in a warm, purple dress with silver jewels.