Ch. 80 - Unforgettable Scent

Comenzar desde el principio

“Hey,” he gave me a small smile. “It’s good to see you, come in.”

“Thanks,” I mumbled, stepping inside the rather dark hotel room.

“I was just on my way out,” Fredo said, sitting on a chair and putting on his left shoe.

“Oh..” I repeated. “Where?”

“Scooter called and said he needed to talk to me,” he shrugged. “Nothing new there, huh?”

I stared at him. The suite was awfully quiet and it had a weird vibe to it. Even Fredo’s smile that usually warmed the hearts of everyone who saw it, seemed as if it was all forced. Something was just.. off.

“Okay..” I whispered. “S-So where’s Justin?”

Alfredo stopped what he was doing and slowly looked up at me.

“Crap,” he muttered. “He wasn’t with you, was he?”

I blinked and shook my head. “I haven’t heard from him in days.”

“And he doesn’t pick up when you call?” he asked.

“N-No..” I said.

Fredo sighed and put on his jacket. “Listen, I have to make it to Scooter, and.. I’m worried too but..” he paused, “Do you mind waiting right here for me? I’ll bring pizza and we can talk.”

I fiddled with my thumbs. “Okay sure.. Be careful out there,” I said.

“Will do,” he shot me a quick smile before waving goodbye.

And then it was just me inside this empty place.

I looked out the window and saw droplets forming on the glass. It looked like it was going to rain pretty hard soon.

I slowly walked towards the hallway, making my way towards Justin’s room. I thought that maybe.. Just maybe… If I knocked and opened the door, he would be sitting there, safe and sound. He’d apologize and say he was doing celebrity business and that his phone was dead and that he’d make it up to me for being unable to contact me. Then he’d smile at me and kiss my cheek. Or my nose. Or my lips. He’d laugh his cute little laugh and my heart would skip a beat because of how incredible he is. And it would all be okay.

But when I knocked twice on his door and opened it, it was empty. His bed was messy. No, scratch that. His whole room was messy. I didn’t bother to turn on the lights or anything. I just stepped inside and laid down on his bed, taking in his scent.

His nostalgic, unforgettable scent.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. And for a second, it felt like he was right here laying beside me. When I opened my eyes, I’d only find empty space next to me, so I’d close my eyes and repeat the process, thinking that if I did it enough times, it would work and he’d be right here with me.