Ch. 37 - Don't Hate Me

~ Chapter 37: Don’t Hate Me  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“I’ve been meaning to see you,” I told her, my voice firm and almost commanding.

Katie stared back at me like a deer caught in headlights. Her hands were shaking and she bit down on her lip.

“You h-have?” she stuttered. She spoke rather quietly, but despite the loud music, I could still hear her perfectly.

“You’re Katie, right?” I asked, watching as she pushed a loose strand of hair over her ear.

“Yeah…” she blushed.

“Well, Katie… We need to talk.”

She sucked in a breath of air. “About… What?”

“The elephant in the room,” I narrowed my eyes at her.

Katie continued to look at me, grabbing her hands to stop them from shaking. “We shouldn’t do this here.”

“Where else, Katie?” I shouted over the music. “The only reason I came to this fucking party was for you.”

Her eyes widened and she frantically looked around the room before staring back at me. “I don’t want you to hate me..”

“Hate you?” I clenched my fists. “You’re making me look bad for no reason. What the fuck did I ever do to you, huh?!”

“S-Stop that,” she whimpered, her eyes watering. I paused, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I don’t know what it was, but seeing her cry made me feel terrible, no matter how angry I felt.

“I’m sorry,” I sighed. Katie closed her eyes and a tear slid down her cheek. She opened them back up and stepped down a bit to grab my arm.

“Just… Follow me,” she whispered, though I heard her loud and clear. I followed behind her as she led me back upstairs and we entered a hallway. We reached the end of the hallway where there was a door in the back. Katie slowly opened the door next to it and we stepped inside to find that it was empty. She closed it quickly and looked at me. “Let me just explain…”

I crossed my arms. “Go ahead.”

“This isn’t my fault…” she trailed off. “I didn’t mean for this all to happen.”

“What do you mean?” I urged her to clear up the questions inside my head.

“I know I’m pregnant,” she began, “That part is 100% true. I… I took about 5 different pregnancy tests because I was too shocked to accept the facts, but even then I didn’t believe I was actually pregnant. I don’t want to be. At least not yet. And that’s simply because I just don’t think I’m ready. I even went to my doctor so she could check it the professional way and… She said I’m pregnant too so… I guess I’m pregnant.”