Ch. 56 - Me And You

~ Chapter 56: Me And You  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“Thanks for coming,” I forced a smile, opening the door wide enough for Tyler to come in.

“Yeah, no prob,” he said inanimately, taking a seat on the couch. I shut the door and locked it, turning around to face him and inhaling a large amount of air. I awkwardly took a seat across from him and looked him in the eyes, a gaze in which he didn’t return.

Silence quickly engulfed the room. I watched Tyler’s every move as he looked around the living room, examining everything but me. I fiddled with my thumbs, thinking of ways to approach the conversation, but I didn’t know how to start. To my surprise, however, Tyler was the one that started it.

“Listen,” he sighed, finally looking me in the eyes. “I’m just going to be completely honest with you. I came all the way here wondering if you invited me to explain and make amends, or to explain and end it between us. But I know that… I don’t want to lose you. I haven’t been in many relationships, but I know that you’re something special and I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

“Tyler… I… want to be honest with you too. I wanted to talk about me and you. Which is why I willingly invited you over,” I said. “So I’ll begin with the beginning.”

I cleared my throat and began with what I know Tyler wanted to know. The Justin situation.

“I met Justin Bieber in England, when I went there on a trip to see a friend. That friend was actually Robin. She has family living in England so I was visiting too. I met him in a hotel when he bumped into me and made me spill my coffee, and he offered me to go with him for a change of clothes. I know he was just being nice at the moment because he thought he was at fault for staining my clothes, but we actually started bonding. We kept in contact and, somewhere along the way, we felt like we’ve known each other for much longer than we actually did. At one point, though, Justin got concerned about dragging me into the media just ‘cause I was associated with him and so… He began pushing me away. By the time he went on tour, we ended in bad terms, but we still ended up missing each other. I was dealing through his rejection when I met you, Tyler. You made me forget my problems even if it was for a little bit. However… Now that Justin’s back, I… I just couldn’t stop thinking about him the whole time he was away, and he told me he felt the same. It’s not that I have anything against you, Tyler. It’s just… Justin’s very special to me…”

Tyler was quiet. He was listening attentively to my story, his face lacking expression.

“So… Y-you’re breaking up w-with me?” his voice cracked and I felt a piece of my heart shatter. When I couldn’t bring myself to say anything, he continued. “But… I gave you all m-my heart.. I did everything I could for you… I loved you.. No. I still love you. W-Was it something I did? Is there something you want me to do differently? Is it that I never treated you to enough gifts? Didn’t kiss you as much as you wanted me to?”

I felt tears surfacing my eyes. “N-No, Ty… You were perfect to me. I j-just.. hope we can still be friends. I’d love that so much.”