Ch. 41 - Belieb In The Biebs

~ Chapter 41: Belieb In The Biebs  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“I change my mind,” Tyler said, “We’re going to a secret location.”

I put my jacket on, eyeing him suspiciously. “What do you mean ‘secret location’?”

“I mean, you can’t know where we’re going,” he smiled lightly. “Don’t worry, I’m not kidnapping you or anything. It’s not far from here.”

I picked up my purse and looked at him. “You’re lucky I trust you,” I giggled.

“You trust me? We just met yesterday,” he pointed out.

“I don’t care. You’re an awesome guy,” I ended the argument, snatching my keys from the table and skipping towards the front door.

As soon as we exited my house, Tyler took my hand in his. I felt butterflies swarm my stomach, but I held his hand back. We made it out of the front yard and I looked back at him.

“Don’t even bother looking for my car,” he smirked, “We’re walking. The moon’s out and so are the stars, so it’s pretty nice outside.”

“Works for me,” I smiled, “I like just walking.”

“Good.”

We began strolling down the street, talking about our plans and hopes for the future.

“I really want to save up my money to buy my mom a great house,” he muttered. “Growing up, I lived in a tiny apartment and it was just me and her. We didn’t have much, but she managed to do everything in her power to put me first. I want to pay her back for all she’s done for me.”

I bit my lip. Why does that remind me so much of a guy I’m trying not to think about right now?

“And your dad?” I asked, stroking his thumb.

“My dad, umm… He died when I was 3. I don’t remember much about him. I only know from things my mom tells me.”

“Aww, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked,” I internally slapped myself.

“No, it’s fine,” he shook his head. “It didn’t bother me at all.”

I bit my lip harder. “And your mom never thought about… re-marrying?”

He shook his head again. “She says she’s never found a man that made her feel quite like my father used to.”

I was about to ask how exactly his dad died, but decided it was too soon and I’ll just sound snoopy.