Ch. 64 - In Some Deep Shit

~ Chapter 64: In Some Deep Shit ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I blinked my eyes opened as I became face-to-face with the sunlight seeping through the window. I let out a yawn as I stretched my arms up and looked to my left. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the spot next to me was empty.

Where’s Jackie?

I sat up, looking around the room. Silence filled the entire atmosphere and I let out a small sigh.

She’s probably just having breakfast or something.

I got up from my bed and walked out the room. After going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth, I went inside the living room and noticed it was empty.

Where is everyone?

I quietly made it down the hallway and to my mom’s room where I slowly opened the door to see that she was sleeping like a baby. I let out a small smile before closing the door and leaving back towards my room.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand and dialed Jackie’s number, pressing the phone to my ear and waiting for an answer. Except I was greeted by an automated voicemail.

I sighed in frustration and dialed Alfredo’s number, tapping my foot against the floor as I waited to hear his voice.

And I did.

“What’s up, Justin?” Fredo asked.

“Hey, where are you? I didn’t know you were going to leave so early in the morning,” I said.

“Sorry man, I’m with Scooter right now. We’re doing business,” he said in a cool tone.

“You guys are watching Netflix, aren’t you?” I smirked.

Fredo paused. “Uh.. Well.. Just at the moment.. We’ll get to work sometime today,” he chuckled.

I laughed before I suddenly remembered the question I really wanted to ask him.

“By any chance, is Jackie with you?” I bit my lip. “Or did she say she was going somewhere?”

“Uh, no she’s not here. Everyone was sleeping when I left so I wouldn’t know,” he explained. “Why? She not there?”

I sat down on the bed. “Never mind. Thanks anyway.”

And shortly after, I hung up and stared at the wall for god-knows-how-long.

“Where did you run off to, Jackie?” I whispered, my heart aching. Did she decide to leave me?