Ch. 12 - Fun Gone Wrong

~ Chapter 12: Fun Gone Wrong  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

Somewhere in between Justin and I’s make out session, we switched positions so that he was on the bottom and I was on top. Currently, I rested my head on his chest, listening to his fast-paced heartbeat and cherishing the warmth his arms gave me, which were wrapped around my body.

Justin kissed the top of my head, causing me to look up at him, his brown eyes shining into mine. “You’re not leaving me, are you?” he whispered, singling out a strand of my hair and playing with it.

“Leaving you?” I asked, confusion in my voice.

“Sorry,” he said, his mind somewhat elsewhere as he focused on the strand of my hair between his fingers. “Alicia always had something else to do instead of cuddling.”

“What do you mean?” I said with interest. I only know Alicia in the sense that she’s a singer, but I obviously don’t know what she’s like personally, fame aside.

Justin inhaled a large amount of air before meeting my eyes again. “You’re a belieber so let me ask you… True or false? I love to cuddle.”

I smirked. “True.”

“Correct,” he smiled, kissing my nose. “Keeping that in mind, I’d always have a night with Alicia where we would go out to dinner or something. When we came back home, I suggested we watch a movie and she always agreed even though I knew she didn’t like sitting at a place for too long. I was always trying to get her to like cuddling sessions but every time we did, she couldn’t last ten minutes without receiving a phone call from her friend or co-worker or just faking a yawn and saying she’s going to bed. I guess in a twisted way, she was always leaving me. Until one day, she really did leave me for real.”

I gave him a saddened look, letting out a small pout and landing a hand to his neck, my fingers playing with the hair on the back of his head. “I’m not Alicia…” I whispered, my breath tickling his lips.

“Thank god,” he whispered back, looking away. We spent a few more minutes lying on the couch and cuddling each other, a comfortable silence surrounding us. I was drifting into a peaceful mindset before I heard Justin speak up again. “It’s been 12 minutes since we’ve both been doing nothing but holding each other and you’re still here. No phone calls from girlfriends, no disturbance and no fake yawns.”

“You’re welcome,” I teased, causing him to laugh. He had this huge smile on his face which soon disappeared into a serious look.

“Jackie,” he spoke gently, reaching his hand towards mine and interlocking them together.

“Hm?” I hummed, resting my chin on his chest so I could look up at him properly.

“I really, really like you,” he slightly blushed, but didn’t dare look away from my eyes this time.