she comes over to take care of you when you're sick

The sound of your phone ringing awoke you from your peaceful, and much-needed, slumber.

Your eyes felt heavy, making it difficult to keep them open. You closed them again but felt around for your phone, finding it near you but buried beneath the blankets you were curled up in.

You answered it as quickly as possible. You felt groggy, making your words fall slowly from your lips.

"Hello?" You spoke before a tickle appeared in your throat, making you cough a few times. You reached for the bottle of water on the table. It'd gone warm now from sitting there for the last few hours as you slept and only sipped on it when needed.

"Y/n!" Jisoo spoke, breathing out a sigh of relief upon hearing your voice. "I've been worried about you. I haven't been able to get ahold of you for the last few hours. I've wanted to come to check on you but I've been stuck in the studio so I haven't had the chance to yet."

You were about to reply when you began to cough once again, this time harder than before.

"Are you sick?"

"Yeah." You mumbled, voice scratchy and your words slow as the sleepy feeling started to come back over you again. "I'll be okay though. I just need some rest. I'm really tired so I'll try to call you or text you later." You spoke sleepily as your grip became loose and your phone started to slip from your hand.

"O-Okay..." Jisoo sighed, already worried sick. "I love you."

"Love you," you whispered and placed your cheek on the pillow. You didn't even have the energy to reach for your phone and end the call. You were already falling asleep and you couldn't fight it, even if you wanted to. But it was fine; you'd just call her back later on when you woke up, even if it was only for another minute and to bring her a little reassurance.

But Jisoo was worried and she couldn't handle a phone call that probably wouldn't come for hours if it came at all. Thankfully, she was done with everything she had to get done for the day and she found it easy to leave the studio after explaining that something was wrong and she needed to get to you quickly.

She made a quick stop at the convenience store near your house where she grabbed a few essentials for you before heading to your house. She didn't waste her time knocking on the door. Judging by what she heard on the phone, she knew you wouldn't have the energy to walk down the stairs in your sick state. Besides, you'd probably sleep through it, anyway.

Instead, she used the key you gave her and let herself inside. With the downstairs area dark and empty, she headed for the stairs and quickly climbed them to reach your room as quickly as she could.

Your bedroom door was only open a crack, so she pushed it open as quietly as she could. It creaked slightly, but you slept right through it. She noticed you were laying on your stomach in bed. Your back was rising and falling steadily, to her relief. But it was only a short-lived relief that she felt because she noticed your skin was clammy and your shirt was clinging to your skin from the sweat rolling down.

She put her hand on your arm and felt that your skin was hot. She let out a sigh and started to rub her fingertips along your skin, relieved to find your eyes opening slowly at her touch.

"Jisoo?" You mumbled sleepily. "You're here?"

"I'm here, baby." She assured. "I had to come and see you. You sounded terrible on the phone."

"I feel terrible." You said but quickly raised your elbow to cough into it. It hurt your chest each time you had to cough and sadly, it wasn't a cough that was ever short-lived, rather drug out and lasting a long few seconds.

"My poor baby." She spoke sadly. "You're burning up. Have you checked your fever?"

You nodded. "A few hours ago."

"Let's see what it is now." She said and dropped the bag onto the floor before grabbing the thermometer off of your bedside table and placing it under your tongue.

While you waited for it to beep, she occupied herself with brushing back the strands of hair that stuck to your skin and sending you a small smile when you'd open your eyes to look at her.

It beeped a few seconds later and Jisoo's heart sunk at the numbers.

"A touch over one-hundred and one."

You groaned and started to shiver, reaching for the blanket you kicked off in your sleep.

"Wait. Before you pull it over you, let's change your shirt. It's sticking to your skin, baby girl." She mumbled sadly and kissed your forehead softly before going to your closet to grab one of your cozy shirts. One that wouldn't make you feel over-heated but one that would also keep you warm.

She helped you slide your shirt over your head before helping you into the clean one.

The bag rustled when her foot bumped it and your ears perked up at the sound.

"What's that?" You asked curiously, causing her to smile a little.

"Got you a few things. Got you some tissues and some soup to make you feel better, and I got you some medicine, too."

You whined and pulled the blanket over your head, making her giggle adorably.

"No, y/n, this is gonna make you feel better. Come on, a quick cap full. I can even make you some soup first if it'll make you feel better."

You slowly pulled the cover away, coughing into your elbow a few times before saying, "Can you maybe cuddle me afterward instead?"

"If I must." She said playfully and her words caused a hint of a smile to tug at your lips. "I will if you'll take a little of this. It's gonna help you to feel better."

"Fine."

She poured some of the liquid into the tiny cap and you wrinkled your nose as you swallowed it.

She placed the things she got you on the nightstand. But she stopped to look at you when you cleared your throat.

"I took it, now cuddle me."

Her heart fluttered. It made her feel good to know that you only wanted her to hold onto you while you're sick.

She climbed in beside you wordlessly and put her arm around you. She kissed your forehead, sighing when she felt your feverish skin.

"What do you need me to do to make you feel better? I wanna take care of you."

"You are right now, Jisoo. You're making me feel better just by being here and holding onto me. I felt terrible before but having you here with me brings me comfort."

She started to brush her fingers through your hair and nodded.

"Don't worry, Jisoo. If I feel worse or I feel like I need something, I promise I'll tell you. But for right now, I've got you. I know you'll take good care of me."

"I will, I promise."

You nodded sleepily as you put your head on her shoulder. The feeling of her thumb brushing along your cheek and her heart beating steadily close to yours made you feel even more content. Though you still felt rotten, you felt better knowing that Jisoo was there to keep you safe.

"I love you. Thanks for coming to take care of me."

"I'll always be here to take care of you. I promise, my love. I love you lots. Get some sleep. I'll hold you the whole time and if you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me."

"Thank you." You mumbled, quickly drifting off to sleep.

"Goodnight, y/n. Sweet dreams." She whispered in your ear, laying a soft kiss on your cheek as you fell asleep.