finding out about her fear of heights (requested)

"Oh, Jisoo! Doesn't that rollercoaster look fun?" You excitedly asked Jisoo as you stood in front of the gates at the carnival, watching as the people on the ride were shot straight up into the air.

Jisoo's heart dropped when she noticed how high it went, at least close to a hundred thousand feet of the ground, which was terrifying.

"We should go on there!"

She went wide-eyed at your suggestion.

You've been together for a couple of months and it was her idea to spend some time on your day together at the carnival, as the delicious snacks and the fun games to play sounded like such fun.

But the rollercoasters... not so much.

She hasn't told you about her fear of heights yet. It just hadn't come up.

She was so close to telling you about it now because just the sight of the ride was making her stomach turn.

"I don't know about that, my love." She said as she listened to the ride come to a stop as everyone got off and the people in the small line waited to get on it.

"Please? It'll be so fun! We can do anything you want after, I promise!"

She knew with the way you were looking at her, she stood no chance in saying no to you, despite how terrified she felt.

But she thought she could handle it, for you.

"Okay." She agreed and you excitedly took her by the hand to go onto the ride.

Once they buckled you in and pulled the handle in for safety, Jisoo watched as they finished doing the same for everyone else before going back to their stand to push the red button.

You started moving a few seconds later and Jisoo's heart began to pound against her chest.

Everyone else was cheering while you just looked around excitedly and Jisoo tried so hard to push through the anxiety she felt without telling you about it, too afraid that she'd make you feel bad.

She closed her eyes but as the ride shot straight up into the air, she screamed loudly and it wasn't one of adrenaline or excitement, you knew that right away.

"Jisoo? Baby, are you okay?"

She quickly shook her head.

"No." She said as she tried to take deep breaths, only for another scream to fall from her lips as you all went down a little, only to be shot right back up again.

"What is it, my love? Look at me."

"No! No, I can't look!"

"What? Why not?" You asked as you started to feel anxious over seeing her so freaked out.

"Because I might faint or throw up... or both." She said. "I'm scared of heights... really scared."

"Why didn't you tell me?" You asked in shock. "Jisoo, I would have never asked to come on this ride. We could've just gone on the teacup ride instead."

She let out a small chuckle before opening her eyes a little, only to squeeze them shut once more as you were all lowered again, only to be lifted right back up.

"I hate this!" She said in a panicked rush as she held onto the handle for dear life, clutching it so tightly that her knuckles turned pale. "I can't do it! I need to get off!"

"Jisoo, baby, listen to me. We can't get off until the ride is over. I'm so sorry but it won't be long. Just try to breathe. Everything's okay."

You felt truly terrible about even asking her to come on this ride with you.

"I wish you would've told me. I feel awful about this."

"It's not your fault, y/n. I know I should've said something but I saw how excited and hopeful you looked about coming on this ride and I couldn't say no."

"But I would've been fine with you saying no. Because you're afraid and that's something you can't control." You said as you put your hand over hers.

"I'm so sorry." You both said at the same time, making a chuckle fall from your lips and hers only a few seconds later.

"I won't open my eyes but I guess it's not as bad since I've got you by my side." She said with a slight hint of relief in her voice and your heart skipped a beat.

"It'll be over soon, I promise."

"Okay just don't let my hand go. Please."

You shook your head and held it a little tighter.

"I won't. I promise."

It was a scary few minutes of you having to calm her down and comfort her but soon enough, the ride came to an end and you were finally able to get off.

"Oh, ground." She breathed out in relief. "I'm never going on another rollercoaster ever again."

"Don't worry, baby. I won't ask you to." You assured and she kissed your cheek.

"I thought I was going to vomit from the second we passed out. At least I didn't do that."

You shook your head with a laugh and she soon joined in, the infectious sound causing your heart to swell with love.

"What should we do next? You choose."

"Anything but another rollercoaster." She said with a giggle as she put her arm around you and pulled you close.

"So that's a no to the ferris wheel?" You joked and she nodded faster than you've ever seen before.

You kissed her cheek softly and she couldn't help but smile as she gazed at you adoringly while you took a good look around to decide what to do next, making her feel grateful that if she had to go through that high ride, she had you by her side through it all.