food poisoning

Jisoo felt a tug at her heart when she heard the whines spill from your lips. You looked miserable as she lied down beside you in bed carefully, so the sudden movement wouldn't make you feel worse.

She had a strong feeling she knew why you were so miserable. You wouldn't seem to admit that you were feeling unwell, but she knew that you were feeling just fine earlier - before you went to that new restaurant in town. It's been getting a mix of reviews; some good, some not so great, but none that said anyone had been sick. Being curious and excited about trying new things, you both agreed that you needed a change of pace and tried something new.

You're regretting it now, though.

Carefully, she let her hand fall to your back. She gently rubbed it and even though she knew you weren't feeling great, she could tell her touch was still bringing you comfort.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

You weakly shook your head. "No thanks. I just wanna sleep." You mumbled and tried to make yourself a little more comfortable on your side, but moving only made you feel worse.

"Okay. Just remember that I'm here if you need anything." She said and kissed your cheek. You weren't warm but your skin certainly felt clammy from the sweat lingering on your skin. She was worried and although she turned off the light, she knew neither of you were gonna be sleeping.

You squeezed your eyes shut and laid your hand on your aching stomach. You tried to take some deep breaths, hoping that would help the sick feeling that continued to rise go away. But the longer you laid there, the worse you felt.

You slowly sat up in bed and Jisoo did the same. Every position brought you discomfort.

Jisoo rubbed your back. She frowned, ready to ask you what she could to do to make you feel better, but before she even got the chance you were hurrying to get out of bed and racing into the bathroom.

Jisoo was, of course, right there behind you. She had grabbed a hair-tie from the table beside her side of the bed and she tied your hair back for you. Her heart sank deep in her chest as you vomited, your body desperate to rid the food that had upset you so terribly.

Somehow, through her worried and fast paced thoughts, she found her voice and the words to say that she knew would comfort you.

"It's okay, Y/N." She whispered in your ear. "I'm here with you. You'll be okay." She rubbed your back and shoulders, nails applying light pressure to your skin that seemed to calm your own mind.

She continued to comfort you as you continued to be sick until there was nothing left in you. You fell back against her, head falling right to her shoulder as your back fell against her chest. She envoloped you in her arms. You were trembling slightly, but you solace in her embrace; as you always do.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she pecked your cheek. "Does your stomach still hurt? Do you still feel sick?"

You shrugged your shoulders and let a moment of silence and stillness go by. You focused on the brush of her hand along your spine and the feeling of her lips brushing against your shoulder or your cheek in an attempt to try to soothe you.

And when a few more minutes went by with no nasuea returning, you felt relieved. The ache in your stomach was still there, although it had dwindled since you threw up.

"I think I'm alright now." You whispered. "Can we go to bed? Please? I'm really tired and drained."

She nodded. "Of course." She stood and then slowly helped you to your feet. You quickly brushed your teeth and then went back to bed. When you were back under the covers Jisoo was holding you close. Her grip was loose and she made sure she didn't touch your stomach; just in case.

"I'm happy you're feeling better. Now I feel better, too."

It was true. Seeing you so sick, so uncomfortable, always makes her mind go haywire. She finds it hard to sleep when she knows you're unable to or unwell. So, to see you feeling better now put her mind at ease.

"Me too. Thanks for taking care of me."

She could tell you were drifting off to sleep. Your words were mumbled, but still sweet.

"Always." She said. "Goodnight, Y/N. Sleep well."