Heart and soul

Zacznij od początku

"I really want to get along with him, but he is one step ahead. You have history. You know things I won't understand-"

I shake my head viciously, "no-no-no. Joey, we can easily turn this situation and make it into me you and Valerie-"

He cuts me off, "we both don't like her and have good reasons not to. You would never feel the way I do right now."

I chuckle, "back in Argentina when I first met her. I was put in an off mood when you told me you didn't want to go to a party with your ex-girlfriend. Then at the reunion. When she specifically worded her sentence to make me think you spent the night with her, I was jealous. You didn't even deny it until I went away from everyone. Joey, you are the first person I've ever told I love them. No one, other than you, not my parents, not my sister, not Lamar. Not Amarion and not even Afi. But you. You have nothing to be jealous about. You are the one I'm going home within the end."

"You were jealous when I told you Val is my ex?"

I can't with this man. Was that all he got!

I roll and face the other side of the room, "goodnight Joey."

"Wait!"

I stay silent.

I hear his footsteps. I feel his lips on my temple. "Buenas Noches Isabella." He whispers.

You know it's hard to stay mad at someone when they're attractive. Joey knows I won't stay mad at him when he uses his regular accent.

The following day.

Thomas is the one who will perform my surgery.

I trust him and feel very comfortable knowing that if I die, it'll be his fault.

...kidding...

I know that he knows what he's doing.

Right now, Joey and I are eating a late lunch. We haven't spoken all day, and I can't tell if it's supposed to be comfortable or not.

I don't feel like there's a problem.

As we finish, Afi shows up.

"I can feel the tension from outside. What's going on here?" She says immediately.

"I don't think anything's wrong. I don't understand why he is jealous of Amarion." I say nonchalantly.

Her eyes widen, "I'm not walking to this conversation. But Joey, Amarion is over her."

"Until I'm aware that he's not single-"

"He's not exclusive... but you didn't hear it from me." Afi rushes out.

"Secrets are no fun." I sigh.

Just then, Thomas enters the room.

"Hey, Thomas."

"Miss Jackson, please, it's Dr. Walker."

I smile, "please, Tom, it's Izzy."

He lightly shakes his head with a smile on his face.

"I promise you that you won't feel a thing. May I?" He asks in regards to moving closer to me.

I hum in agreement.

He hovers his pen over my chest, explaining that they will cut through the centre of it through the breast bone to get to my heart.

That most definitely doesn't freak me out.

"... then when we are done we'll staple the opening shut, and you'll be in the ICU for two days at most for your best recovery." He finishes.

Wait just a minute, "staple? Don't you mean stitch?"