We

We

"I'll let you out when dinner starts!" Lola yells and I hear her footsteps get quieter away from the door.

"Princess, why didn't you just knock or text or call me?"

I frown at him, "I did knock! I called your name too!"

"I didn't even know you came back I was probably in the bathroom." He's looking everywhere but at me... he's lying.

I cross my arms, "You didn't open the door for Lola..."

"When Lola yells my name like that its better not to. "

We are both avoiding what happened. If I don't bring it up he won't either.

I take a deep breath and sit on his bed facing him. "Joey we can't avoid what happened in that cave."

He looks down at his hands, "Can't we?"

"No, we can't! We can't Joey. What do you want!" I glare at him.

Joey lowers the volume of his voice, "Izzy it was a kiss. Get over it. It didn't mean anything and it was a mistake."

Liar

I walk to Joey's open window and yell "security!" I need to get out of here and his window is too small to go through.

In a minute I see Aditiya and I walk past him. He broke Joey's doorknob. I turn back to him and say, "disperse."

"Isabella?" Standing behind me is Olivia. I raise my eyebrow questionably. She leads me into her room and tells me to sit on her stool.

"I want to actually apologize. I was rude to you for absolutely no reason. I've been feeling horrible ever since the party. Val is my best friend when we saw you and Joey all over the news we chose not to like you. Joey and Val broke up because he moved to Canada. Or that's what they like to say. Joey thinks she's crazy. Val was heartbroken. Then he shows up here for our reunion early. He told Ma he wasn't coming again. So when he showed up it was a surprise. The bigger surprise was having you here with him."

I speak up, "Joey only came here early because of me. I was being selfish and ran away from my ex and my parents..."

"What happened between you and your ex?"

I don't care who knows anymore, "He slept with my sister multiple times. And my parents knew and no one told me until I caught them one night. It doesn't matter anymore but Olivia I'm sorry for attacking you when I first met you. You see, I'm a bit of a firecracker."

We both smile.

"Joey really likes you. I can see it in the way he looks at you. You told me he did your hair. Joey said he'll die with that secret and never do hair again unless it's for someone he'll love. That's why everyone was so shocked when you kept denying any relationship with him. Joey has always been a sucker for romance. He always did my hair and Lola's when we were younger. I overheard your conversation with Lola. You guys danced to Te Amo. Joey doesn't dance for just anyone, he keeps certain things as secrets. Joey only shares his favourite song with people he cares about to a great deal. He didn't even share it with Valerie and they were together for six years. When we were younger Joey told me that he'll only share the song with someone he could relate the lyrics to. Read those lyrics again. They say what he doesn't express. You're special to him Isabella. All of us can see it."

I pull up my phone and read the English lyrics.

The only part we can really relate to would be how we fool around like a pair of idiots. It's easy to talk and joke with each other...