✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼𝑉✼

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

It had been a few days since you and Varian got sick. You were already feeling better, unfortunately, you couldn't say the same for Varian. He was still sneezing, and he still had a high fever. Varian was still staying in the palace infirmary, while you were healthy enough to stay in your own room. You felt really bad, so you decided to bake him cookies lighten his mood.

You and your tiger, Zehra made your way to the palace kitchen and it was empty. You looked over to the schedule and saw that no staff would be in the kitchen until 11:00 AM, it was already 9:30 AM so you needed to hurry. You gathered all of the ingredients you needed and started mixing them together in the order of dry ingredients first to wet ingredients last.

You put the raw cookies in the oven and took them out after 20 minutes, and stacked them neatly on a plate. A napkin fell off of the counter so you bent down and grabbed it, when you came back up, to your surprise, half of the cookies were gone, "What the-" You scanned the room but no one was there, so you looked at the half-eaten plate of cookies in suspicion. "That's suspicious.. That's weird.." You scratched your head in confusion.

You turned around to wash the dishes that you used, pretending not to be paying attention so you could hopefully catch the culprit in the act. You were eyeing plate of cookies from your side view and you saw two hands slowly trying to take the whole plate. "Aha!" You pointed your finger. It was Eugene and another man that you didn't recognize, he was a tall bald man with a golden necklace.

"Eugene!" You had an annoyed look in your eyes, and you crossed your arms. You leaned forward to slide the remaining cookies towards you and away from them. "These are for Varian." You said sternly. "Lance and I were just.. Um.." Eugene was clearly trying to come up with a lie. "You were "just um" what?" You asked hurriedly trying to get him to finish his sentence.

"We were just keeping them warm." Lance answered for Eugene. "Well I need them back now." You held out the plate so they could put the cookies they took back. "About that.. We kind of.." They could tell that you were getting agitated so they were preparing to run. "We ate them!" Eugene said before taking off with Lance. Before you could even say anything, they were already gone. You looked over to the plate with only half of the cookies left and sighed. "It is what it is."

You walked to the infirmary and knocked on the door but there was no answer. You slowly came in and saw that Varian wasn't there. "Huh?" You slid the plate of cookies under Dr. Doofensmizzle's desk because you knew if you left them out in the open, Lance and Eugene would eat the rest of them. You left the infirmary to go look for Varian.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

(525 words) Hi, I'm back, I'm alive (ノ・ェ・)ノ
I took a short break. I changed the cover to a small Varian edit I made. That's all for now✨