✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉𝐼✼

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉𝐼
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

You woke up and slowly sat up, and your blanket puddled around you. Your neck was hurting from sleeping on the sofa. Your vision was blurry so you rubbed your eyes. You looked around Rapunzel's room to see Rapunzel and Eugene on their bed, still asleep. "I better not wake them up." You whispered to yourself.

You looked out of the window to see that it was still dawn. "Hmm, this is way earlier than I usually wake up. I guess I still have time to finish exploring before I have to shadow Rapunzel doing her queen duties." You said while carefully folding the blanket and sitting it on top of the head of the sofa.

While you were walking down the hallway, you decided to go to the library to see if they had the third book to a series you were reading. You entered the library and it seemed to be empty. You brushed your hand along the books as you were looking for the one you wanted. "F.. F.. F.. Aha! The third book, Flynn Rider and the Jumping Mice adventure." "Wow, they have the whole The Tales of Flynnigan Rider series here."

You sat at a table and began to read, you looked over your book to see that there was someone was sitting across the library from you. It was Varian, he was sitting next to a pile of large books beside him, and a small half-built machine sitting next to tools in front of him. You waved at him but he didn't seem to see you, so you got up and sat next to him. "Hey, Varian." No reply. "Um.." You noticed that he was starting to nod off. "Earth to Varian." You waved your hand in front of his face and he jolted awake.

"Oh, hey Y/n, when did you get here?" Varian looked over to you.

"I just got here."

"Oh."

"You're up early."

"Wait- It's morning?" Varian looked over to the window to that the sky was growing lighter. "Time really flies, huh?" He rubbed his eyes "You've been up all night?" The bags under his eyes caught your attention. "Yes, I have a project that Rapunzel requested due in a week." "If you don't mind me asking, what is that?" You motioned over to the small machine in front of him. "I'm glad you asked, this is a contraption that brushes your teeth for you." "Wow, that's incredible." "I call it the Teeth brusher-anator" You raised one eyebrow. "I'm still working on the name." Varian chuckled at your expression.

"So, what brings you to the library so early?" Varian asked while using a screwdriver to unscrew a screw that he misplaced. "I woke up early and thought I would get a book I've been looking for to kill some time before I have to shadow Rapunzel." You showed him your book. "Oh, you're reading The Tales of Flynnigan Rider series?

"Yes, do you you know this series?"

"I've read every book"

"Oh, so then it must be good."

One of Varian's screws rolled and landed on the ground. You almost bent down to get it when you saw a tiny gloved hand put it back on the table "Thanks, buddy." "Huh?" You looked under the table to see a raccoon with gloves and goggles that matches Varian's. "Who's your little friend?" You giggled as the raccoon hopped onto your head. "Oh, this is my assistant, Ruddiger." "Aw, it's nice to meet you, little guy."

"Ruddiger, can you hand me my hammer?" Varian held out his hand and Ruddiger obediently gave him the hammer. "He's so smart." You watched them working together on the 'tooth brusher-anator' Varian glanced over to you and saw how closely you were watching.

"Y/n?"

"Hmm?"

"You have something on your face."

"What?!" You were so embarrassed and you were frantically trying to wipe your face, you that thought you had something on your face the whole time. "This." Varian planted a kiss on your cheek and stood up. "W-What was that for?!" You covered your face, unsuccessfully trying to hide the fact that your face went from s/c to red. "Pay back for last time."

"Touché"

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

(716 words) So far this the longest chapter ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆