✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑋✼

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑋
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

When you arrived at the palace garden, it was heavily decorated with candles and roses. In the middle of the garden, you saw a picnic basket on top of a checkered picnic blanket. "Wow, Varian really outdid himself with the decorations.." you thought. Not too long after you arrived, You saw Varian come outside too. You waved at him. "Hey, did you wait long?" He asked. You shook your head, "No, I just got here." You both sat down. "So, what did you want to tell me?" Varian asked. "Huh?" You tilted your head.

Varian sensed your confusion and showed you the note that Rapunzel wrote.

𝒟ℯ𝒶𝓇 𝒱𝒶𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓃,

𝒫𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓈ℯ 𝓂ℯℯ𝓉 𝓂ℯ 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓅𝒶𝓁𝒶𝒸ℯ ℊ𝒶𝓇𝒹ℯ𝓃, 𝒶𝓉 10:00 𝒜ℳ, ℐ 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯ𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉ℴ 𝓉ℯ𝓁𝓁 𝓎ℴ𝓊.

ℒℴ𝓋ℯ,
𝒴/𝓃

"I didn't write this.." You said while pulling out the half-eaten note that you thought was given to you by Varian.

𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝑦/𝔫,

𝔓𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔪𝔢𝔢𝔱 𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔱 10:00 𝔄𝔐, ℑ 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔶𝔬𝔲.

𝔉𝔯𝔬𝔪,
𝑉𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫

"I didn't write this either.." Suddenly, you both heard a violin playing a romantic song, you turned to see Pascal playing a small violin.

"Rapunzel." You both said at the same time. "Should we leave then?" You suggested. "It would be a shame to waste all of this food." Varian pointed at the basket that Rapunzel packed. While you and Varian, were enjoying your time together, you heard a rustle in the bushes. "What was that?" You asked. "It's probably a squirrel or something." Varian shrugged.

Time skip brought to you by Rapunzel

"Scoot over, Eugene, I can't see them!" Rapunzel whisper-yelled so you and Varian couldn't hear her. "We're in a bush, this is as far as I can go." Eugene gritted his teeth. When they stopped bickering, Rapunzel looked through her binoculars, only to see that you and Varian were no where to be found. "They're gone!" Rapunzel said. "What?!" They both crawled out of the bush, covered in leaves and twigs. To see Pete and Stan eating the last of the food. "Where did they go..?" Rapunzel said, as she brushed the leaves out of her hair.

You and Varian sat on top of a large hill that had the view of a small portion of Corona. You were both laughing so hard that your stomachs were hurting. "I can't believe we fell for the fake note trick" Varian said while wiping his eyes. "Me neither."

"I've been wondering, what is Yullophia like?" Varian asked you. "Well, it's an oasis at the edge of the desert, but there's a man-made forest with forest animals right next to it, that's where I usually spent all my time." You answered.

"I'd like to go there one day."

"Then come with me when I leave." You looked over to Varian to see that his face was bright red, so you decided to play it off as a joke. "Uhm, haha.. Just kidding." You cleared your throat to try and fill the awkward silence. "Next week is Rapunzel birthday, I was wondering if you'd want to see the lanterns with me." Varian asked with the most gentle voice possible. "Like as in a date?" You hesitantly asked. "Yeah.. I mean it really doesn't have to be if you-"

"No, I'd love to see the lanterns with you."

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼
(565 words) This chapter is a bit short, but there's finally some progress in Y/n's relationship with Varian. \(^▽^@)ノ