PT.3 C H A P T E R FOURTEEN

Start from the beginning

That wasn't something that could just fade away. I could understand that. I had to understand that. Like she said.. patience and time.

-

Two Days later

"Negative." I perked up at Robyn's words, my smile widening as I pulled off my mask and threw it across the room. She laughed softly and sat her phone on the table. "You happy?"

"Am I? I been in the house damn near a week." She gave me a look at my exaggeration as I rolled onto my stomach from the spot on the couch. "It's not like I can go anywhere but man. I'm bored here."

She smiled. "I know something that'll change that. You still gotta wear your mask though.."

"What?" I questioned and she winked while raising up and moving to the door just as there was a knock.

When she pulled the door open, I smiled big as hell at the little gathering at the door. Jay, Aaliyah, Aniya.. "Oh so when you think I'm dying, you show up?" I teased and she rolled her eyes before stepping to the side when a body forced itself past her. Not that I wouldn't not have the same reaction.

"Mama, you're not dying!" Dahlia exclaimed, jumping into my arms. "I will be very mad." She said and I wrapped my arms around her while falling back onto the couch.

"I know, I'll never leave you." I said and backed my head up when she leaned down for a kiss. "I'm still sick though so no kisses just yet." She pouted so I raised my hand up, letting her press a kiss to my hand before I tapped my lips. "There, better?"

"Yes." She said with a smile before gasping when someone else walked in. "Auntie Mel!" She exclaimed and flew off of my lap, running to Melissa.

That gave me the chance to say my hellos to everyone here. "It's good to know you're alive." Aniya said and I lightly pushed her shoulder. "How are you.." I saw her eyes subtly move behind me to Robyn, then back to me. "With everything?"

I gave her a small smile as I shrugged softly. "You know me. One day at a time." She raised her hand and squeezed my shoulder lightly.

"Everything will work out, amor. Have faith." She said with a wink before squeezing past Jay when he slid up with a big smile. "Move big head."

"Ya mama." He called out after her before facing me. "What's up, beat the reaper again huh?" I gave him a look as he joked about my near death experience. Bet he wouldn't think the same if it was his ass in my position. "Anyways, your birthdays soon, what we doing?"

"Man, what can I do? Everything is closed and I'm not gonna risk getting the actual thing." He gave me a look. "What?"

"Your wife-ish wife owns a private jet, I'd you don't ask her to borrow that shit. Find a damn island and let's go. Shit, Mexico might even be lit all we need is a little Airbnb." I glanced over my shoulder at Robyn and saw her already staring at me, a small smile on her lips.

"Maybe." I mumbled and clapped his back before I moved over to her. "This is kinda like a house warming party huh?" She gave me a look when I sat next to her, innocently smiling. "What? Just a little bit."

She rolled her eyes and looked down at the table with a small smile. "Why you trying to rush everything, Y/n?" Her eyes lifted back up, a teasing aura to them. "You really did revert to that college you.."