PT.2 C H A P T E R FORTY-TWO

July 4th

I looked around the corner and saw Melissa and Rob sitting on the couch, deep in a conversation. "What are we gonna do?" Aaliyah whispered and I shrugged, hefting the box higher in my arms. "You're assed out."

"No I'm not." I peeked around again and waited until they looked at the TV. "Okay gogogo." We quickly walked into the house, my feet racing past the couch.

"Y/n?" I quickly rounded the corner and dropped the box in Aaliyah's arms and she grabbed it before continuing to the game room while I walked back out. I leaned around the corner and smiled with a nod. "Why are you running?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Oh.. I have to pee." Her eyes squinted as she tilted her head to the side. "You need anything?"

She hummed suspiciously before shaking her head. "No thank you." I glanced at Mel and frowned slightly when she didn't make a peep. No joke, no 'hey bestie', nothing. To say these last few weeks were rocky was an understatement.

Dante not only ghosted me, but according to Rob, he ghosted Mel as well. I felt bad because I felt like I kinda pushed him to it, but then again he was old enough to not be a dumbass so.. I don't know.

"You need anything M?" I asked softly and she looked up from her wine glass before shaking her head.

"Nah.. but thanks big head." She said with a small smile. I nodded and pushed back from the wall before moving downstairs to the game room.

"Dante needs a whoopin." I said as soon as I reached the room where Aaliyah and Jay sat, three large boxes in the middle.

"I agree." Jay mumbled as he shook his head. "Melissa is so nice, how can you ghost her?" I raised my eyebrows when he furrowed his eyebrows. "I wouldn't ghost her."

Aaliyah and I looked at one another at the same time before both looking at him. "Jay.. you don't.. like Melissa, do you?"

He sighed softly before looking up at me. "To be honest?" My heart dropped as he grinned weakly. "Ye- nah I'm fucking with you." I exhaled heavily as he laughed. "I just wanted to bust your balls. But foreal, she's super chill so he better fix it."

"Plus he's already got his eye on someone." My sister said with a wink and Jay gave her a look. "What? It's true."

"Ooh, who you got your eye on?" I asked, my smirk widening when he scratched the back of his neck. "Tell me brotha."

I pushed his leg and he cleared his throat with a nod. "Aight aight.. her names Gabriela." I nodded slowly and saw a smile drag across his lips. "We made a song and-"

"I'm filming the music video and I swear they would make a fire ass couple-"

"Liyah shut up." He groaned out as Aaliyah seemed more excited about the girl then him. We love supportive siblings, amiright? "She goes by Her."

"Oh shit, the best part singer?" He nodded. "Yo she's fucking fire. You shoot ya shot?"

"Can't." He said with a shrug. "She's got a mans." My jaw dropped as he sighed. "A mans who's a damn asshole. That's who she wrote Focus about." I hummed as he started going off and I let him. "He walked into the studio one day telling her to hurry up because he was hungry. Like the fuck? I wanted to say something so bad but I knew it wasn't my place."

"She likes you though." Aaliyah then said as she rested her hand on his shoulder. "I saw it, trust me. You just gotta somehow make her realize how much of an ass he is and how much you'd Focus on her." I smiled as she winked at him, then I got an idea.