PT.2 C H A P T E R TWENTY-THREE

Trigger Warning: Brief Flashback.
But I promise it gets better throughout this chapter. Bare with me bebe ❤️
-

My eyes were closed but I could hear the waves crashing on the shore, the salt smell wafting into my nose from the breeze the waves brought.

When my fist clenched, she wrapped her arms around me and grabbed my hands. "Just breathe." She whispered and I sighed softly before relaxing back against her chest again, my fist unclenching. "Good.. you're doing good." She praised the simple act and it made me feel like I had done something major.

It's been three days since the hospital visit, three days of trying to work through shit. With all the lawyer meetings and investigators, my mind was damn near kaput and that's why we ended up at the beach.

Luckily she knew of someone who had a private section and they gladly let us come since they understood. Not what I was going through.. but the LAPD put out a statement.

I wasn't even ready, I wasn't ready for the world to know and I for damn sure wanted to be the one to say something. But they were defensive and now it was out. Everywhere.

I deleted all my social media's, I didn't wanna see whatever the hell people were saying. They'd probably be joking about it anyways.

"We can go home." Robyn said and tightened her arms around my shoulders with her head pressed against mine. "We can reschedule the meeting and finish tomorrow."

"It doesn't matter." I mumbled and opened my eyes for the first time in about thirty minutes. I squinted at the sun before watching a bird fly over the water,
then dive down into it. "I'm still gonna feel the same tomorrow.. can we just get it over with?"

She nodded and pressed a gentle kiss to my temple. "Whatever you want, babe." She whispered before sliding her hands into my hair and lightly scratching my scalp. "Don't be afraid to walk out. They work on your time, you hear me? You give as much or little as you feel you can."

I hummed and grabbed her hand to press a kiss to the back of. "Okay." I mumbled lowly.

For the next few minutes we basked in silence before we were back in the car and heading for the police precinct.

From the past three days, I already knew how today would go down. The opposing lawyer for the two officers would grill me harshly, passive aggressively calling me a liar until my lawyer stepped up. It was a never ending cycle.

And each time I walked in, I could feel the eyes flock to me. Like now.

Each officer that I passed had a look of disdain, judgmental and harsh. I sighed and felt Rob's hand slide into my grip.

Just as we reached the room, the doors opened and I instantly felt a wave of nausea hit me. My hand tightened around my Starbucks coffee when he looked at me. Those eyes..

The officer, who I now know as Bradley, walked out smugly as he eyed me. "Oh hello.." I watched him slyly rest his hand on the front of his his belt. He followed my gaze with a smirk before looking up, his head shaking. "Still fantasizing huh? You making up another crazy story in your head?"

When I felt my hand being tightly held, I looked over at Robyn and saw her eyes ablaze, jaw clenched.

"Enough." Mark spat out as he stepped up before she could blow. "Walk or I'll add terrorizing to the charges." Bradley sarcastically raised his hands before brushing past me while whistling a tone under his breath. Mark sighed and looked back at me. "Are you okay?"

I couldn't speak.

I just followed them into the room and sat down across from the lawyer and detective, Robyn at me side with Mark on the other.