C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

I stared at myself in the mirror, my body drenching with sweat as I gripped the water bottle in frustration. "Come on." I huffed to myself and tossed it to the side before starting the song on my phone from the top.

Taking in a deep breath, I let the worries leave my body as I focused on the steps of the choreography I just had down a couple weeks ago. When I reached my arms above my head, I felt the familiar strain and instantly dropped my arms with a groan. "Goddamit!" I hissed and snapped, my fist flying into the wall length mirror and shattering it.

I was tired of being useless, borderline decrepit in my eyes. I hid it well from Robyn but last night after the adrenaline wore off, my stomach had felt like I was punched by goddamn Dwayne Johnson. It was terrible. Then, to make matters worse, I get a call from James early this morning.

'Beyonce is performing at Coachella and we need a professional stepper. Are you in?'

Of course I said yes. I missed dancing (and stepping) like a motherfucker. But here I was, not even able to do a damn eight count.

"Babe come on, we gotta get ready for the party." I snapped my head up and nodded, holding my hand behind my back nonchalantly but her gaze caught the mirror. "What the hell did you do to my mirror, Y/n?" Quick.. think think think. My eyes caught the football in the corner of the room and she looked at it before rolling her eyes. "Really?"

"I'm sorry, I know. I'll get it fixed." She waved me off before stepping back, motioning me to come out. "I'll be there in a second, just let me clean up really quick."

"Hurry up, Lewis will be here soon." I gave her a thumbs up with my good hand before wincing looking down at the damage when she left. I completely cut up my right hand from that punch. Shit. This wouldn't be as easy to hide.

After straightening up the studio, I quickly made my way to the bathroom and cleaned the blood off of my hand before wrapping it in a towel. Seeing the cuts without blood let me know that it wasn't too deep but I knew I'd need to have it covered in case they started to bleed again.

So, after changing into a nice outfit, I slid on some cut off Burberry gloves that Dante got me for Christmas and it went perfect with my outfit, luckily. "Y/nn, you ready?" I grabbed my Motrin and went to take my pills but I kind of wanted to drink tonight.. fuck it. I tossed them back into the drawer and walked out of the bedroom. "Ooh, look at you." Robyn said while fixing the collar of my jacket. "You take you medicine?"

I nodded and pressed a kiss to her forehead before walking with her out to the front where Lewis was standing. "Sup Lew, been a minute." I said, shaking his hand.

"Way too long, glad to see you're doing well." I forced a smile with a nod before climbing into the backseat where Melissa sat, a wide smile on her lips.

"Wasssup." I gave her a hug before scooting over so Robyn could sit next to her best friend. "Bitch, I missed you."

"I don't know why you went back to Barbados without me nigga, we had a plan!"

I just let the girls talk as I scrolled down my missed messages. A lot of them were girls who I knew in college, congratulating me for my success but I knew what they really wanted. Others were past teammates, classmates I don't even remember giving my number to.. Then of course, Tatianna.

Sighing, I clicked her message and my eyes widened at the very.. prevalent nude pictures. This girl didn't stop.

Tati: I remember you were 'that' person. Don't know me in front of your girl, know me well when she not around. Isn't that what you told me?

I was about to shut her ass down and make sure she didn't send anymore damn nudes when I heard my name called. You know how you're not guilty of something but you still feel guilty so you act guilty? Yeah.. I quickly closed my phone and looked up with a nod.