They Won!

Remus' POV. 

One Month Later...

I was stuck in The Refuge. I had done the honorable thing and traded places with Crutchie. When he saw me he shouted at me not to do it, but I was too far down the rabbit hole. I signed myself over to them. They let Crutchie out as I looked on helplessly. He was happy and free now. That's all that mattered. I was on the top bunk. Some kid named Nikel used to sleep here. Turns out Race is dating her. (This is when Nikel and Race got back together. Basically after the last chapter of the book.) I looked out over the world. It wasn't running anymore. The newsies had created a giant difference. I had written a letter to Kath and I got to see Oscar at times. Life wasn't that bad I think. The newsies were winning the strike, and Kath had written saying that Jack liked her. 

I thought about many things. Jack's feelings for Kathrine. Race and Nikel's love for each other. Les and Sally's adorable relationship. Specs and Romeo's cliche relationship. I knew I was in love with Crutchie. I know he likes a girl. I could see the love in his eyes when he looked at her. how he adores her. He loves her laugh. He cherishes moments with her. I'm not that girl. He loved Abigal Reign. Then the cell door was unlocked. A guard was standing there. "You're free to go," he barked. He all cheered and scrambled out of the cell. We clambered into the carriage and set off. When we submerged from the carriage everyone was cheering. I ran up to Oscar and Kathrine. Kathrine gave a humongous hug. Oscar was crying. I gave him a hug and comforted him. Then I heard shouting. I looked up to see, Jack and Kathrine kissing. I cheered as loudly as possible. Kath walked over to us and uttered one word, "Wow,". I laughed at her amazement. Then some more cheering was heard. I thought it was Race and Nikel. I looked over to see Crutchie and Abigal kissing. My heart shattered into a billion pieces. I realized what I had to do. I would go somewhere that accepted me. I knew that the Lost Kid's needed a new leader. Well, that new leader would be me.