Year 6

this was the last year of primary school. i still haven't made up with liam after punching him at harry's birthday sleepover but we're in the same friendship group so we still hang out together, we just don't talk.

we only have 1 week left and the whole of this year eleanor's been trying to get back with me. if i'm honest, i'm not hating the idea. we'll see what happens i guess.

the most annoying thing though is that harry's going to the south of england to visit some family for the ENTIRE summer. that means i'm stuck with niall, zayn and a homophobic liam. don't get me wrong, i'm not gay or anything, but i just really support people who are.

luckily we have a lot of time on our school field considering we have nothing else to learn in this school and we've done all of our exams. i play football some of the time and the rest of the time just chill and talk to harry.

we were feeling pretty nostalgic because we've been best friends for 7 years, most friendships barely even last 3.

~

on the last day of the term i went to harry's for a bit until he had to go. we were just chilling out in his room until his mum called him downstairs. once he left i decided to try and play a song on harry's keyboard. i did pretty well considering i memorised what to do just by watching videos, i couldn't practice it normally because i didn't have a keyboard or piano of my own. i started to sing a few of the lyrics and was about to come up to the chorus until i heard harry clear his throat. startled, i jumped away from the keyboard and just stared at him.

"i- my- um"

"take your time" i said in a joking way

"have to um go now"

"ah okay" i said before closing the space between us and pulling him in for a tight hug.
"don't have to much fun without me" i joked even though my insides were falling apart. i hadn't spent longer than a week away from harry since we met and now i'm going to have to survive 6 weeks without him.

i was a bit annoyed that he had to leave on the last day of school as well because there was a bit of a street party happening tomorrow and i was going to ask eleanor out. i want harry to know before anyone but i guess that just won't be the case.

~

i'm excited for the party today, except for the fact that harry won't be there. oh well, i'll have to learn to man up at some point i guess.

i have everything all planned out about how i am going to ask eleanor out. first i was going to go to her street and walk her to the party, where she can do whatever she wants. then when it gets a bit later and the sun is setting, i'll take her to the nearby field and finally ask her. most of my plans are pretty bad but i feel like this one would work.

~

i did exactly what i had planned and before i knew it i was laying on the grass and staring at the sunset while talking with eleanor.

"hey el"

"hey, what's up?"

"will- will you go out with me?" i asked after deciding that it was too late to chicken out.

"yes" she said before smiling and pulling me in for a hug. her smile doesn't make me happy like harry's does, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. maybe harry's smile just makes me happy because he's like family to me and seeing family happy makes me happy?