Year 3

This year was the year that everyone was 'falling in love'. at least that's what they said. i knew that they weren't actually in love. although i'm only 8 i know that love is when you care about somebody a lot and never want to leave them, not liking them for a little bit and breaking up with them two days later.

either way i wanted a relationship and i was quite popular so i was no doubt going to get one.

liams girlfriend was called danielle and zayns girlfriends was called perrie, i thought this girl called eleanor was pretty and harry, well i wasn't sure how harry felt about relationships. everytime i talked about getting a girlfriend he would tense up. i know he wasn't the most sociable person but he was getting better at speaking now to other people now. he felt comfortable around liam and zayn and would speak to them a lot so i reckon he could get a girlfriend if he wanted one.

~

it was lunchtime and we were out on the new playground, in this playground you get to play football. all the boys played football except for harry who would just stand at the back and talk to me while i was waiting for somebody to tackle. today's topic of conversation was how i was going to ask eleanor out. he didn't seem that interested in the conversation, i wonder why.

"haz can you do it for me, i know you don't like talking to people but it would just be a one time thing i promise, it's fine if you don't want to, i would understand it's jus-"

"i can't"

that's all he said before looking at me with glassy eyes and walking away from me.

he went home that day, the teacher said he told her that he felt ill. it made me sad because usually he tells me when he doesn't feel very good, we tell each other everything. or at least, that's what i thought.