Chapter 17 Arlo's Betrayal!

Start from the beginning

"ARLO!!!!!" John shouted but enough for even Zari is hear a little.

She looks to see black wind push back the duo.

"So Arlo finally made John snap. That's good and bad." Zari says while watching.

John was charging at Arlo but Meili block his attack. John hurts Meili and she falls to the ground. John was gonna go for the attack on Meili but Ventus uses his whirlwind to push John away. However, John surrounds himself with black wind and uses it to land on the ground.

"Not bad." Zari says.

The two use a combo attack. John uses blades of wind and Meili dodges it. Although, Ventus gets hit in the process. Meili tries to hit John but he avoids it. He charges up some wind and sees Meili flying.

"Oh my! Let's see if she makes it out." Zari says.

Ventus tries to save her but John prevents that. Ventus tries to beg John to let him save Meili but it doesn't work. John stabs Ventus and Meili crashes down to the ground.

"Damn, that's gonna leave a mark." Zari says.

John throws a blade of wind at Arlo but he deflects it to the ground. John throws wind around Arlo. He uses the wind and charges at Arlo. Arlo avoids John attack. John uses the wind to make himself fly to the air. He pushes himself towards Arlo direction. John attacks Arlo with his demon claws but instead hits the barrier. John gets his arm shattered and Arlo punches him away. John slides on the ground and huffs. Arlo surrounds John in his barrier and begins to shrink it. However, John creates a barrier of his own to stop Arlo's barrier in crushing. John continuously punches the barrier until he breaks through. John uses this chance to use the wind to boost his speed and punches Arlo in the stomach. Arlo is sent back and hits John's barrier. John punches Arlo and beats him down. Arlo gets John's arm but John headbutts Arlo in the head. Arlo falls to the ground as the barrier disappeared.

"And that's my cue." Zari says as she heads toward the two.

John steps on Arlo's face. Arlo looks shaken.

"If anyone finds out about what happened here today... I'LL DETHRONE YOU!" John says.

Zari lands next to John. Arlo and John look to see Zari with crystal wings.

"Hiya!" Zari says with a smile.

"Did you know about this?" John asks.

"Yes. me and Zane knew that Arlo was gonna do this." Zari replies.

John removes his foot on Arlo face and grabs Zari but the shirt. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!"

"John. We warn you didn't we? We told you to not trust Arlo and you didn't listen." Zari says with a serious look.

"BUT YOU COULD'VE STOP HIM!" John shouts.

"John. Even if we did, he wouldn't stop and we knew that. It was matter of time before he tried another way to do this." Zari replies.

"I trusted you! I thought you and Zane were-" gets cut off as Zari wings were near John's throat.

"We warned you. You didn't listen. We helped you byt staying by your side. We didn't become two-faced when we knew about your ability. We accepted you even after you told us everything. We were willing to help you. We let you join us. DON'T. EVER. SAY. WE. BETRAYED. YOU. Besides, Zane wanted you to defeat Arlo and give him this warning." Zari says as one of her wings were near Arlo's throat. "The next time you do this to John, Zane will personally dethrone you in front of everyone and send you to the hospital for months. The headmaster won't stop him because our mother is superior than the headmaster in strength and authority."

John notices the serious look Zari is giving. Arlo looks angry but still shaken.

"Let's go John. We can talk about this with Zane. Alright?" Zari asks as she looks him in the eye.

"Fine." John says as he walks away.

*In the train*
"Did you really mean what you said?" John asks.

"About?" Zari asks.

"Zane dethroning Arlo in front of everyone and sending him to the hospital for months." John says.

"Oh yeah. But he's lucky that it's gonna be for months. Zane could have him there for at least three years." Zari bluntly with a shrug.

John looks surprised.

"And what about your mother? You said that the headmaster won't stop Zane. Plus, you said that your mother is stronger and has more authority than him." John says.

"Oh! That's because mother defeated the headmaster before me and Zane attended Wellston. It was to allow us to work on defeating EMBER." Zari says.

"What?" John says in surprise. "How strong is your mother?"

"Stronger than me and Zane. She's actually the boss of our group. And one of the thirteen executives of LA HQ." Zari states.

"Damn!" John says in surprise.

"Hey John. Sorry for letting you go through that. I know it was wrong of us to let it happen but it needed to be done. Otherwise, you would've suffered more. Zane thought it was best for you to deal with Arlo so that he can back off. I know your still angry but trust us. We are still willing to help you." Zari says.

"*sigh* How about you do me a favor." John asks.

"Which is?" Zari asks.

"Well, I want to save it for now. I can see that you aren't lying but it still angers me that you two didn't stop this from happening." John says.

"Alright. If you wish to speak with Zane, I'll let him know. Should I call him right now?" Zari asks.

"Can we wait until I get home?" John asks.

"Sure." Zari says as she gives him a kiss on the cheek.

John looks surprised but doesn't blush. Zari smiles.

"If you want to date Seraphina, you should do it when she comes back. If you let your past come back, you'll lose your chance." Zari says as she lays her head on his shoulder.

John doesn't respond.

*John's House*
Seraphina was looking at her phone. Zari lands down with John arm on her waist. Seraphina looks up to see them both. She gets jealous but then immediately sees John wounds.

"JOHN!" Seraphina yells and rushes towards him.

"Sera?" John says softly then gets on his legs. "Don't look at me right now."

Zari retracts her crystal wings and sees John crying.

'I never seen him break down like this' Seraphina thinks. She looks at Zari. "What happened to him?"

"I'll explain everything inside. Right now, I'll have to call Zane." Zari says as she takes out her phone and dials Zane's number.