Chapter 72

*Hallway*
Elaine looks scared. "......" "Wha- What do you want?"

The Joker eyes glow blue.

'Wait a minute....! Something's isn't right here! That's not John!' Elaine thinks.

The Joker dashes at Elaine.

'......' 'The imposter's ability level is nothing compared to the real Joker! How dare he use Joker's title as a scare tactic!' Elaine says. 'I won't fail for this!' as her eyes glow.

The Joker throws a punch. Elaine takes the hit.

"Ugh...!" Elaine grabs the Joker's wrist.

".....?" the Joker looks surprised.

Elaine punches the Joker's arm.

"AUGH!!!!" "FUCK!!!!" The Joker holds his arm.

"You're not the real Joker! Who are you?" Elaine asks. "Why did you attack me?" She reaches for the mask.

The masked student pushes Elaine's hand away and runs. Zari appears with her eyes glowing and upper kicks the masked student in the face.

"UGH!" the masked student falls to the ground.

Zari stomps her foot into the masked student stomach.

"AUGH!" Blood comes out of his mouth.

Zari removes the mask to reveal Crail.

A/N: I'm just putting him here for the sake of the story.

"You again?" Zari knocks out Crail.

Elaine was surprised.

"Using Joker's title to scare others. I think I understand." Zari looks at the mask.

"Zari. Thanks." Elaine says.

"Don't think of this as me saving you. But do know that he attacked you for a specific reason." Zari says.

"Why?" Elaine asks.

"The hierarchy. Duh! How the elites and high-tiers treat those lower them like trash. Psh! It's no wonder why this system is so flawed." Zari walks away with the mask.

"........." Elaine looked disappointed.

*Campus*

"Look, there he is!'

"What do you reckon Arlo's thinking right now....!"

"Sure sucks to be him. Technically, he's not King anymore, right?"

"Not after Joker defeated him in front of everyone."

"Shush, quiet. He'll hear us."

Arlo closes his eyes. 'John, I hope you're finally satisfied. Now don't start any more trouble!' He notices his phone ringing. "......?"

*Corner*

"Elaine, don't mention him to me anymore. I want nothing to do with him." Arlo turns around.

"Arlo, please listen! The one who attacked me wasn't John. Crail was using Joker's mask and impersonating him! Luckily, Zari took him down." Elaine says. "I have no idea if John meant for this to happen... But if news spreads, More and more joker will begin to appear."

"......" Arlo clenches his fist.

"No one will know who will be the real Joker. And students will be walking around in fear of being attacked." Elaine says.

Arlo eyes glow and punches the wall. "I"VE HAD ENOUGH OF HIS BULLSHIT!"

The wall cracks. :(