Chapter 4 Saving X-Static

*Lovun*
Zane and Zari stand on the roof of a building with hoodies. The two look at the town.

"You know, we're usually the late ones." Zari says.

"I know. But now, I can understand why they always complain. They're probably giving us a taste of our own medicine." Zane states.

Four people land on the roof.

"Your late." Zane says.

"Awww come one Zane. Can't blame us. Besides, you understand now how we feel when the two of you are late." a female says.

Zane and Zari look at the four.

"Changed your hairstyle Marlize?" Zari asks.

"Yep. I know I look good with long hair but I decided to keep the length of my hair to my shoulder." Marlize says.

"So Otto, are you sure this is the place where a member of EMBER was located?" Zane asks.

"Of course. When have I ever been wrong?" Otto asks.

"Twenty-four percent of the time." Zane bluntly states.

"Okay okay. No need to attack me like that. Besides, with the superheroes dying more frequently, more members of EMBER are bound to show up." Otto says.

"Amy, were you able to decode the frequency?" Zane asks.

"No, I wasn't able too. The chip was destroyed by my roommate by accident." Amy states.

"I see. Marik, any news on Iris condition?" Zari asks.

"Afraid not. She still hasn't woken up. I'm worried about her." Marik says in sadness.

"Don't worry. Once we taken down EMBER, she will be avenged." Zane says.

"Y-Yeah. This is for my sister." Marik states while clenching his fist.

"Otto, remember to keep your distance. You may be the most intelligent person out us here but you don't have an ability to fight." Zane states.

"I know. I'm a cripple but that's why I've been working on these mechanical arms." Otto says as four mechanical arms appear. "Right now, the arms strength are equal to a mid-tier strength."

"Impressive. With more work, you can make it strong as an elite-tier or a high-tier." Zari says.

"Elite-tier yeah, High-tier.. if I have the right resources, maybe." Otto says.

The group see lighting coming from a distance.

"Alright team, seems like we have work to do. Don't forget to cover your faces." Zane states.

"RIGHT!" the group says in unison.

Zane puts on a blue mask to cover his face. Zari puts a red mask to cover her face. Otto puts on electrical goggles and a bandana(brown) mask to cover his mouth and nose. Marlize puts on a masquerade mask(flowers) and a bandana(black) mask to cover her mouth and nose. Amy puts on a masquerade mask(butterfly) and a bandana mask(red) to cover her nose and mouth. Marik puts on a black mask to cover his face. The group head towards the lighting direction. Zane and Zari create crystal wings and begin to fly.

A person with lighting fights a woman in a black coat, mask and a hat. The woman creates fire claws and charges at the man. The person shoots lighting at the woman. The woman dodges it and charges at the person. She hits the person with her fire claws, causing burn and scratch marks. She kicks the man to the ground.

"It's the end for you." the woman says as she raises her hand.

A shadow flies over them. The woman looks up to see two people with wings of crystals. Mechanical arms reach down and grab the person on the ground. It lifts the person up and the mechanical arms retract to their owner. The woman sees a boy with goggles and the mechanical arms attach to him on the roof, while the arms are holding the person she was about to kill.