Chapter 2 John and Seraphina

As the school day ends, Zane and Zari begin to leave the campus.

"Wait!" the male calls out.

The twins turn around to see the gelled boy running towards them. He stops to catch his breath.

"Is there something you need?" Zane asks.

"*pant* Well kinda." John says. As he looks at the two, he catches his breath for a sec. "I'm John and I wanted to invite your two to get Boba with my best friend Sera."

"Boba?" Zari questions John.

"Yeah. You should come and try Boba. I promise you'll like it." John says.

Zane and Zari look at each other then back to John.

"Alright." Zane says.

"Great!" John says happily.

*Later at Woaba Boba*
Zane and Zari sit on one side while John and Seraphina sit on the other side.

"So tell us. Where did you go before coming to Wellston?" John asks.

"Oh we just went to some school at LA." Zari responds.

"Well we did go to New Boston for a year though." Zane adds.

This catches John in surprise.

"Yeah, the King was considered a tyrant or what people say. MONSTER." Zari says.

John looks a bit nervous.

"PFFF! Of course, we could've taken him down." Zane says.

"Hm? Were you two that strong to take down the King." Seraphina asks.

"Oh yeah. We could've taken him down." Zari responds.

"But why didn't you?" John asks while he still looks nervous.

"Well, for a late-bloomer, it was normal for him to get corrupted in power. Being a low-tier to become a high-tier really changes the view how the hierarchy works." Zane says.

"What the King was doing, he thought he was doing the right thing but failed to realize the people he hurt in the process." Zari says.

"If you met the King again, what would you do?" Seraphina asks.

Zane and Zari look at each other.

"Well that's something for us to say." Zane says.

"But it's something that we would want to talk with him privately." Zari adds.

"Why didn't you take the throne away from the King though?" John asks while still being nervous.

Zane and Zari look at John.

"Because, he wasn't strong enough to be consider a challenge." Zane states.

John looks surprised by the answer Zane gave.

"Pfff! He's just joking." Zari says while trying to hold her laugh. "Honestly, the real reason why Zane didn't bother taking the throne was because he didn't want to interrupt what the King was doing. The king made the entire school fear him which we liked. It gave us more place to relax."

"O-Oh! I see." John says.

"Relax. If he and I were to fight... Well, he wouldn't be able to defeat me." Zane smiles.

John looks surprised. Seraphina looks concern.

"So what are your abilities and levels? It's okay if you don't want to tell us." Seraphina states.

"Well I know for a fact that we're higher than level 8." Zari says.

John and Seraphina look shocked by Zari response.

"You two are god-tiers that passes level 8?" Seraphina asks.

"Oh yeah. Since me and my sister usually train our abilities, we being reaching our ture potential. In any case, we practice hand-to-hand combat." Zane states.

"W-Wow! I never expected to meet people stronger than Seraphina." John states.

"Because she's Wellston's Ace huh?" Zari says.

"Y-Yeah." John says.

"So do you two plan on taking down the current King and Queen?" Seraphina asks.

"No." Zane and Zari say in unison.

"But why?" John asks.

"It's boring and a waste of time." Zane states.

"I won't have enough time for myself." Zari states.

"Sounds like Sera here." John says while he smiles.

After Zane and Zari talk with John and Seraphina, they go their seperate ways.

"Now it makes sense. Why we felt a familiar presence." Zari says.

"Yeah. The King of New Boston came to Wellston but acts like a weakling. I guess the authorities did something to him." Zane says.

"You think we should still recruit him? I mean he and Seraphina are the strongest here at Wellston." Zari states.

"Maybe. But our methods may not be agreeable to them. In any case, we should just watch how everything unfolds." Zane says.

Zari looks at the sky. 'EMBER. You will fall.'