Chapter 22

I'm sitting in a tree when someone pulls my leg. I let out a shout as Octavia pulls me to the ground. "Rude" I mumble. "Come on" she tells me and I follow her to Indra. "Azgeda. The last time they stepped foot here we were at war with each other. Now the twelve clans fight together. Remember this day. You may never see one like it again. You haven't heard a word I've said" Indra says realizing Octavia had been spaced out. "I'm sorry. Bellamy left Lincoln in the tunnels two days ago. And he should be back" "Lincoln is no longer your concern" Indra says cutting O off. "Look I've done everything you've asked me to do, and I'll continue to do so. But what you're asking now is impossible" "I'm not asking. We're at war, and a warrior does not mourn those she's lost till after the battle is won. Go stand watch with the other seconds. Assassins from the mountains will try again. We need to be ready" Indra tells Octavia before walking away. "Go run around and play. Yell if you need me" Octavia tells me. She kisses me on the head before running off.

After a while of sitting and doing nothing I decide to find Octavia. I hope off the branch I was sitting on and quickly find Indra. "Indra, where is Octavia?" I ask her. "She is watching the trees with another second. That way" she points. "Mochof" I thank her. I see Indra rush towards Kane as I walk away. Weird. I'm walking past a building when it happens, a missile hits Tondc. I scream as the building collapses on my legs and back.

Octavia POV
Lincoln and I stand on top of the rubble and look around us. "Ash is here somewhere. We have to find her" I tell him. "We will" he says grabbing my hand.

Ash POV
I groan as I wake up. I can hear gunshots. My legs and back are pinned down by rubble and I can taste blood in my mouth. I use my hands to try and pull myself out but it isn't working. I try again and this time something comes loose. I look up only to see more rubble falling on top of me. I try to protect my head with my hands, but a rock comes crashing down on my head, knocking me out for a second time.

Lexa POV
Clarke and I stop talking when we see someone running through the woods. "No Lincoln" Clarke says as we realize who it was. "Clarke. Commander, what? Octavia said you were both" "you've seen Octavia?" Clarke asks him hopefully. "Yeah" he nods. "We can't find Ash. The few that survived the explosion are being pinned down by a sniper. It's why I'm here" he explains. "Come on we need to get to the high ground" I tell the two. I know if Ash is dead Octavia, Lincoln, and Raven will never forgive me.

We walk towards the direction of the gunshots. It is now morning and the mountain man no longer has the cover of darkness. We hide behind a rock as the gunman fires at us. He knows we are here. "So much for the element of surprise" I say. "I'll draw his fire" Lincoln tells us as he gets ready to face him. "No. I will" Clarke says as she starts shooting from behind the rock. I nod at Lincoln and he goes to kill the shooter. Lincoln and the shooter roll around on the floor fighting. Lincoln gets out a knife to stab him with when the shooter pulls out a device that makes a slightly annoying high pitched sound. Lincoln drops the knife and grabs his head like he is in pain. This is how they control reapers, I realize. The shooter has a knife to Lincoln's throat when Clarke appears with a gun pointed at the two. "Drop your weapon" the mountain man demands. I take a step forward not doing anything, just observing the situation. "Just let him kill me, then take him out. Come on Clarke, please. Your people need you" Lincoln tells her. "You are my people" she tells him as she pulls the trigger. The bullet skims over Lincoln's shoulder and hits the mountain man in the chest, killing him. "Good shot" Lincoln says clutching his hurt shoulder. "Did that make you feel better?" I ask walking so I'm standing next to Clarke. "No" she says with tears in her eyes.

We walk back to the village in silence. I look down at the rubble and see a hand. It's much to small to be the hand of a warrior, it must be a child. "Clarke" I say pointing to the hand. Lincoln is already ahead of us. We quickly move some rocks to see Ash, pinned down by a big piece of rubble. Clarke lifts the piece up and I pull her out, her body is limp, but she's still breathing.

We finally get to where everyone else is. Sky people doctors are there helping people. "Heda" people start chanting when they see me. I raise my hand and they stop. "What happened here will not stand. The Mountain will fall. The dead will be avenged" I yell. People start yelling and cheering. Abby yells for them to stop and help the others trapped by the rubble. I look at Ash who is still in my arms but now awake. One of the doctors walks over to me "set her down I need to check her out" he says I nod and place her down so she's standing. As soon as I let go her legs collapse. "I need a stretcher" the doctor yells. "It's fine I've got her" Octavia says as she picks the child up.

Ash POV
I drift in and out of consciousness as someone carry's me. I finally lift my head up and realize it is Lexa. Jackson comes over and she sets me down so he can check me. As soon as she least go I fall to the ground. Jackson catches me and calls for a stretcher. It's only now that I realize I can't feel my legs. Octavia picks me up and walks over to Lincoln. "I can't feel my legs" I whisper quietly to her. "It's ok. You're okay" she says running a hand through my tangled hair. "You've done well, Octavia of the sky people. Today you saved lives. Tomorrow you'll take them. Now, get my gear. We'll leave with the commander. The child should go back to your camp and be healed by your doctors" Indra tells Octavia.

Two episodes this chapter.