....

Ashanti POV

2 weeks later.

"Cayla, Justin! Come eat" I yelled to them as I placed their plates of food on the table which was filled with fried chicken, black eyed peas, corn bread and white rice.
It's been two weeks since Mike found out Cayla wasn't his. She doesn't know yet and I honestly don't want her to know. She's to young too handle all of this pressure.

Mikes been gone ever since the day Jeremy told him. I tried calling him and sending him texts but he wouldn't answer. "Mama did my daddy call?" Cayla asked sitting down in her seat. I shook my head. "No baby girl still no answer", I told her as I rubbed her lose curl out her face. She pouted and began to say grace.

"Where's Justin?" I asked before sitting down in my seat to eat my plate of food. "Right here ma.." Justin mumbled coming down the stairs. He looked so pitiful. Justin was missing Mike the most out of me and Cayla. "Pops called?" He asked eyeing his plate of food picking at his beans once he was seated. "No baby not yet.." He sighed and began eating his food without saying another word.
" I promise he'll call soon though" I assured them.

"Mama you said that yesterday!" Cayla cried wiping her tears that were falling. "Baby girl don't cry! He's going to be back before you know it." I held my arms out to hug her as she walked in to my embrace. I looked over at Justin to see he was silently crying. "Come here baby." I said pulling him in to me. They both cried in the crook of my neck wanting Mike.

I wish he would at least answer the phone to tell us he was okay instead of disappearing out of nowhere.

"How about we take a trip to nana and papas house." I said wiping both of their faces with my shirt. "You think daddy will be there?" Cayla asked drying up her face. "Hopefully..now just finish eating your food first and we can leave." I told them as they sat down in their seats.

A few minutes after eating and talking the kids were ready to go. I quickly placed the dishes I just washed up and dried my hands. "Get in the car I just have to grab my shoes" I told them as I placed my hair in a messy bun and put on my jacket. It was raining outside so instead of putting on my slides I put on my 3s.

I looked a mess. I had on a white tank top with my grey jacket, and black tights. My hair was a mess. Baby hairs was everywhere.

I grabbed the keys to my car and proceeded outside. "Seat belts on?" I asked placing mine on. One thing I don't play about is the safety of my kids. I opened the garage and backed out as soon as they agreed they were buckled. It was raining so hard I could barely see anything while driving down the long road to Ms Thompsons house.

After a few minutes of riding in the car listening to the sound of the rain hit the windows we finally arrived at Ms Thompsons house.
"Come on you guys" I said as I walked with the umbrella to get them out the car. I can't risk them getting sick. They have school and I refuse to be cleaning up vomit around the house. As we were walking to the front door I heard yelling through the door. It sounded like someone was arguing.

"Mama that ain't my damn daughter how the hell could you hide some shit like this from your own damn son ma!!" Mike yelled.

"Daddy!!" Cayla yelled excitedly bursting through the door without knocking. I guess no one heard us come in cause Mike kept yelling as his father held him. "Michael baby I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt you! You loved Cayla with all your heart, I couldn't break that bond you guys had with just a simple mistake your brother made" mama said crying and pacing.

"She ain't my damn child!! Fuck a bond you should've told me instead of having me love and raise a damn seed that ain't even mine!!" Mike yelled. At this point I couldn't believe anything that was coming out of his mouth. Rather Cayla was his or not the bond they shared was stronger than anyone's I know. "Mike!!" I shouted getting his attention.

"You don't love me no more?" Cayla cried looking at Mike with hurt in her eyes. I could see the hurt that flashed in his eyes as soon as he heard Cayla ask that question. I know Mike is upset and hurting but he has a big soft spot in his heart for Cayla. That's his baby girl and he loves her more than life itself. Nobody not even me nor Justin could ever replace that.

"I do love you baby girl! I didn't mean it." Mike said wiping Caylas tears that were falling rapidly. "You not even my daddy! How can you love me?" Cayla cried in the crook of Mikes neck. "I am..I am Cayla. I'm your father, you're my baby girl. I love you with all of my heart and no one can change that princess. I'm just a little upset with Uncle J that's all." He said rubbing her hair.

She dried up her tears and wrapped her little arms around his neck. "I love you too daddy.." She said hugging his neck. "Now can you please stop being angry..I missed you! Justin and mama missed you! Where've you been?" She asked with pleading eyes. I waited to see what he was going to say cause I honestly wanted to know for myself where the he has been.

"I just needed time to think something's through. I'm back now and I promise I won't leave again." He said looking at me.

"Justin, Cayla..go in the room and let us talk.." Ms Thompson said taking a seat on her couch. They both nodded and did as told.
"Baby I'm sorry alright?" Mike said grabbing my hands. "I shouldn't be the one your apologizing too", I began to say as I took a seat next too ms Thompson. "I understand your hurting baby but you can't take your anger out on everyone especially your mother, I know she didn't tell you everything and yes she's completely wrong for lying to you but she's partly right. Why ruin a happy home with a little lie. You love Cayla to death and for you too say that you didn't hurts me, I watch you guys bond everyday and your going to sit here and say how can you love her cause she's not your seed?"

He looked down at his feet and back up at me. I waited on him to respond but he didn't. He just looked at me with a hurt expression. I could tell he was thinking about what I was saying but shit it's true!!

"Liste-" he began to say until the front door opened and in walked Jeremy and Kim. "What the fuck you doing here?" Mike said threw gritted teeth and bald up fist. "Please not here you guys!" Mr Thompson begged stepping in between the two. I instantly got mad that Kim would even show her damn face.

"Nah let him go pops..." Jeremy dropped the bag he was carrying and released Kim's hand. Where the fuck is his wife? Ain't he married?
(Small Update )