The Return

Mike POV

I ran downstairs to whoever was knocking on the door after using the rest room. As I opened the door my heart sunk to my stomach.

"Kim?"

Kim was Caylas mom. Supposedly she died when she was giving birth but I guess it was all a lie.
"Hey-y Mike.."she stuttered. I didn't have any words for her honestly.

"What are you doing here? Not to sound rude but I thought you were dead?"

She sighed loudly."yeah about that it was all a lie.."
I shook my head."why kim? Did I do something wrong? Why you did you up and leave me and our child like that?" Suddenly my feelings started taking over me all At once but I tried to control it but how could I. She's the mother of my child and my first love. The first woman I ever grown to love.

"Mike I'm sorry..I just wasn't ready to play the role of being a mother..." I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Are you serious? That's the best reason you give. Our child is now 9 and I guess you came back because you feel like you can play that role now? Huh." She held her head down. I shook my head.

"It ain't happening like that. Cayla mine and will always be mine. You ain't gotta worry about seeing her nor taking care of her. I got everything under control."

"But mik-" she touched my arm. I pushed it off of me."but Mike my ass! You ain't seeing my child if that's what you came by here for. You wasn't the one that dropped out of school to take care of her man. You wasn't the one to watch her first words be 'mama' Kim. That shit hurt me knowing at the age of fucking two she was looking for her mom but I sat there and lied and said she in a better place kim. That shirt hurt me!!" I was now dead in her face yelling at her. I felt my veins throb in my neck as I was getting madder and madder.

She was silently crying."Mike can I just see my child please!!" She begged. I shook my head in laughter. "What part did you not understand?" She wiped her face as her tears kept falling. "Trust me. She's well taken care of and always has been. She don't need you and never will she need you. You don't exist as far as she knows kim."

She shook her head."every child needs a mother Mike..I'm gone get my baby back." I held my hand up pausing her. "Nah baby she has two woman in her life now that does just right teaching her right from wrong. Matter of fact here you go." I reached for Caylas picture that I had hanging by the TV. "Take a quick look." I handed her the picture and she nearly broke down right there at my doorstep. I shook my head. This woman pitiful. I ain't gone lie she looked good as hell. But that ain't gone change the way i feel about her lying and leaving our first born.

She handed me the picture and fixed herself up."so this is it?" She said pushing her hair behind her ear. I laughed."obviously." She shook her head."Mike please!!" "Oooooh my gosh." I palmed my forehead. I really want my child to see her mother but then again it's going to be hard for her to sink in all of this.

"Loo-" as I was about to explain to her ass why I don't her to see Cayla I heard Justin and Ashanti come through the garage door. I sighed. "Justin go upstairs and change." She said looking at me not taking her eyes off of me and Kim. Kim was staring at Ashanti. She walked towards me. "What's going on?" She asked taking off her shoes. I sighed. "So you remember how I told you about my ex Kim?" She nodded still looking at Kim up and down I wanted to laugh but i didn't wanna start anything. I pointed to kim referring to her. "Oooh..so your Caylas mom?" She asked with the fakest smile ever. She looked back at me. "I thought--" I nodded. "Exactly.".

"Who are you?" Kim asked with a attitude. Ashanti turned her attention away from me to Kim. "Well I'm Ashanti..Mikes girlfriend." She held out her hand to shake kims but Kim just looked at me. I shrugged. Ashanti laughed and put her hand in to here hoodie pocket.

"So wassup? Why you here?" Ashanti asked nearly pushing me out the way. "I came to speak to Mike not his whore." "Nah hollup.I ain't about to let you come and disrespect my girl like that." I said pushing Ashanti behind. Me before she swing. "Yeah whatever where my child?" I was getting aggravated to the point I just wanted to hit her for asking me the same question repeatedly. "YOU NOT SEEING HER MAN GONE SOMEWHERE." I yelled getting in her face once again. I felt ashanti grab my wrist to pull me back. "Baby just let her see her. " ashanti said sighing. "I did I showed her picture." Ashanti chuckled a little but I was dead serious.

"Baby really?" She said looking me in my eyes. I hated when she did that cause i always give in. "You know what..fine." . I decided to let her see her. Knowing how stubborn Cayla is she wouldn't wanna hear a word Kim had to say but then again it is her mother so I don't know. Kim eyes lit up like a little girl that got her first Barbie doll. I shook my head. I went upstairs to wake Cayla.

"Baby girl..." I said shaking her lightly she woke up at the sound of my voice. "Daddy.." She jumped up and hugged my neck. I smiled and hugged her back. "Goodmorning baby girl but listen." She let my neck go and looked at me.

"You remember how I told you about your mom." She nodded giving me a confused face. "Well somehow her spirit came back to see you."

"What you mean daddy?" She said laughing. I laughed and picked her up. "Come on I'll show you." I walked downstairs with her on my back being careful not to drop her.

As I walked down the last step Kim eyes lit up.

Ashanti jumped off my back and held on to my leg."daddy who is that?" She asked referring to Kim as we got closer to the door. "Your mothers spirit." I joked pinching her cheek. She giggled. "Hey baby girl." Cayla gave her a weird look. "I'm not your baby girl...I'm my daddy's baby girl..." She said putting her hand on my hip. I heard shanti laugh a little walking off.

Kim looked her at Caylas response. "You remember me?" Kim asked trying to grab Caylas hand but she moved. Cayla nodded."yeah..your my supposed to be mom that up and laugh me and my daddy." Kim looked at me with hurt in her eyes. I shrugged. She wiped the tears that was falling from her face and stood up.

"I guess she doesn't want to see me neither..my own child." Kim said adjusting her purse on her shoulder. "Obviously.." Me and Cayla said in unison. I laughed and picked her up kissing her cheek. She's like my little Minnie me. Kim looked at Cayla to me back to Cayla.

"I'm sorry.." Kim said crying again. "For what?" Cayla asked. "For leaving you guys...I love y'all so much...I'm sorry Mike I'm really sorry...I love you..I'm just sorry.." I hated the fact my feelings were coming back once again.

"Yeah ok.." I said trying to hide my emotions. She kissed Caylas cheek then kissed mine. Ashanti came and stood in front of me."since you passing kisses around where mine?" She asked with a smile. I laughed and grabbed her waist. Justin came and stood beside me trying to be nicest.

Kim looked at us and a tear rolled down her face. I guess she noticed I moved on. I love my lil family. I wouldn't trade them for the world. They're the best thing that happened to me.

"Alright ima go.." Kim said tuning away and walking off. Ashanti pretended to hit her making silent fighting noises. I laughed and picked her up in my free arm along with Cayla and carried them to the couch. Justin closed the door.

"What a morning.." He said plopping down on the couch.

"I'm tryna tell you." I said putting the girls down. Ashanti wiped my face where Kim kissed me at. I laughed.

"You so jealous."I said kissing her neck. "Nah I just don't need no other female kissing on you. I'm the only one that get to kiss to sexy self baby." She was dead serious. I laughed and pecked her lips a couple times. "It's ok baby." She smirked and laid down on my chest.

I guess we'll start our day. After me and Cayla freshen up. We always the last ones to get dress.