Happiness

Mike POV

I just got back from my moms house from picking up the kids and talking to her about the situation. I love my mama to death and for her to even lie to me like that hurt me the most. I had to clear things with my her before anyone else cause she means the most to me.

Crazy part my father knew of none of this shit was going on and he's still confused on the entire situation.
I forgave my mom although I'm still a little upset, I had too she's my mom and the only person besides my dad who's been there for me. I love her crazy as too death.

As for Jeremy? Fuck him. I'll never forgive that nigga. I called Andrea after me and Ashanti had our little moment and told her immediately what was up and she's was so damn hurt and pissed she hung up the phone while I was explaining to her.

"Pops you good?" Justin asked looking at me. The whole car ride home was silent. Cayla was asleep when I picked her up so she's in the backseat knocked out, mouth wide open.
"Yeah I'm good man, you good?" I asked looking at him. He nodded.

"I hate seeing you all upset..especially over something so stupid." He said not looking at me. I smirked and continued driving. "I know, I'm sorry for acting like that in front of you guys. I admit I was wrong but yall my world and I love yall." I told him honestly. He didn't say anything.

"Is Cayla leaving us?" He finally asked after finally not saying anything. I knew that was what he was worried about. Losing Cayla. Shit me too. They trying to file for custody and shit but that's not happening. But then again..it might be possible. I don't know what I'm going to do if Kim and Jeremy was to take my princess away from me. My life would be over.

"Nah man she staying right here with us. She's not going anywhere." I assured him rubbing his head. "Good cause I thought about slapping Kim right along with my mom for calling me ignorant and saying she's taking her away from us" he said chuckling. " I need her here, she's like a sister to me."

I smiled slightly until I realized what he just said "Your mom what?" I laughed. She ain't tell me shit about this happening but she told me everything else.

"She ain't tell you? She literally slapped and dragged Kim around the whole house pops" he laughed. I couldn't help but laugh also. I can't imagine my baby dragging somebody. I know she has a temper but as far as fighting? I never thought that shit would come. I wish I was there.

After a few minutes of riding around and listening to Cayla snore we finally arrived home. I opened the back door and picked Cayla up careful to not wake her up. "Lock the door" I told Justin walking inside the house. I went to Caylas room and placed her in her bed. My baby girl was tired as hell.

I placed a kiss on her head and walked out making sure to close her room door softly. I don't need her waking up and worrying.

"You hungry?" I asked peeking in on Justin. He was plugging up his XBOX I guess about to play 2k15 like he always do. "No I'm okay, I'll just find something to munch on" he said not looking at me still continuing to plug up his game.

"Alright just let me know and we can go out and get you something". He nodded and I closed his door.

I walked in to my bedroom to see shanti in the same spot I left her. I chuckled and laid on top of her as she slept. "Shanti!" I yelled poking her cheek. She didn't move. "Ashanti!!" I yelled lightly slapping her face. "Mike get your heavy ass off me!" She said mushing me in my face and rolling over not even acknowledging me.

"No get up! Why the hell you didn't tell me you slapped Kim all around my mom house" I laughed pulling her up by her arm. She laughed still halfway asleep. Her eyes were still closed and everything! Weird ass.
"Cause she was disrespecting my child and my man.." She mumbled laying her head on my shoulder falling back asleep.

"You ain't that damn tired Shanti!!" I yelled thumping her head she smacked her teeth and looked at me.
"The hell I ain't!! You wore my ass out! I told you only the tip your ass decid-" she yelled waking her ass up fully. I quickly covered her mouth cause she was so damn loud and didn't want Justin to hear her.
I held in my laughter as she continued to talk shit with my hand still covering her mouth. "Shut up the kids are home" I said kissing her nose and taking off my hoodie.

She rolled her eyes and flopped back down on the pillow. "Michael stop! Oh my god I can't take it!" I mocked laying on top of her. She covered her face in embarrassment turning red. "Go slow Mike shit!" I continued laughing at how loud she was screaming.

"Shut up!" She giggled trying to push me off her of her. I grabbed her wrist and kissed her lips. "I love you girl!" I told her still laughing. She blushed and kissed me again. "I love you too! Now where my babies?" She asked getting out the bed still butt ass naked. She looked good as hell. This was only my third or fourth time ever seeing Ashanti naked and her body was beyond amazing.

"What you looking at?" She mugged raising her eyebrow at me. "Your beautiful ass body, now put on some damn clothes." I said throwing her a big shirt out my drawer.

"Be quiet I forgot.." She mumbled embarrassed. She quickly put on the shirt I threw her, and her lace underwear which was in the middle of the floor.
"Can you throw me some shorts.." She asked me realizing the shirt was see through.

"Girl damn!! You wear my clothes more then I wear my clothes!" I said throwing her my navy blue and red polo boxers. She flicked me off slipping the shorts on and walking off. I followed behind her and seen she had a limp.

I burst out laughing. "What's so damn funny?" She mugged looking at me. "Nothing baby nothing.." I lied shaking my head and walking downstairs. "I'm hungry as hell.." I mumbled walking in to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As I was looking in the fridge I seen a plate already filled with black eyed peas, corn bread, and white rice. I quickly grabbed it and unwrapped it.

Ashanti must've cooked this earlier. I placed the plastic wrap in the garbage and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I leaned my back against the counter until I heard popping coming from the microwave. I hurriedly and opened it before I burn my food.

I grabbed a fork ready to eat my rice until I realized my food was still cold. "Wtf.." I mumbled placing my food back in the microwave for another two minutes. "Greedy ass..." Shanti said coming in to the kitchen looking in the snack cabinet.

"Shut up, you eat more than me." I joked grabbing my food out the microwave which was now hotter.

"That's a damn lie! You can eat a whole pan of lasagna by yourself!" She said grabbing her gelato out the microwave and sitting at the island table in the kitchen. "And you can eat two mcchickens a large fry, three cookies, and Oreo McClurry from McDonald's" I laughed sitting across from her she laughed as she stuffed her face with her ice cream.

"You ain't lied," she said still laughing. I chuckled and took a bite out of my food. This shit was so damn good. Especially the chicken.

"So where've you been?" Shanti asked out the blue still eating her gelato while I ate my food. She had ice cream all around her mouth but I wasn't about to tell her that.

"I stayed in a hotel," I told her honestly. "Why?" She asked not looking at me. I sighed. I knew this was coming. "Because I needed some time to think..I needed to be alone." I said truthfully. She looked at me with a unreadable expression.

"Baby you know I'm here for you no matter the issue but up and leaving me and the kids here all alone makes us worry about you. We missed you. They thought something happened to you since you never called," she cried not looking at me. A seen a tear escape her face and I dropped my fork to hold her.

I knew I shouldn't have left in the first place but I just needed sometime to think. "It's okay baby..im here now," I assured her. She shook her head. "It's not alright cause your still hurting and upset and I hate to see you like this, you can't hide it Mike." She said looking at me.

I didn't respond cause she was right. But I'm not about to bring anyone else down in my misery. This is my problem and I'm going to get through it by myself. I made things right with my mom but that wasn't enough for me. Only thing on my mind right now is me having full custody of Cayla and not losing her.

I love my kids and Ashanti to death and me bringing them down with me, would just make me selfish. I need them happy and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep them happy. Even if that means giving them my last.