| Fighting with the Devil |

N's POV

I am wandering through a silent and cold alleyway filled with feral cats everywhere. I got back from a store, which I bought new clothes, animal meat, electronic devices, and healing medicine. It's 12:37 am, and I'm only ten minutes away until I return to Meadowod Apartments.

All I want to do want now is go back to my apartment, heal my body, and rest. I've been through a lot over these nine days being in Virginia. For an unremarkable and dull state, it is full of surprises.

But I'm not done with Virginia just yet; I still need to find Mike Benson and know if he ruined my life or not.

As for Kalisha, I made sure I text her what I'm about to do to let her not freak out about my disappearance. We tell each other everything, no matter how small, big, or embarrassing it is.

Just two hours ago, she texted me about everything that happened at Shani's Salon. I was shocked but cracking with laughter at the same time.

She also sent me a warning that Dadi wants to kill me. Why does he want to kill me? What did I do to him? Plus, we only met each other once at the Owambe, and I didn't do or said anything egregious to him.

She told me to watch my back because he can be anywhere lurking in the shadows. I stop walking and look all around to see if he is near me. I didn't see anything until I notice the feral cats running away. I started to sense his presence, which he smelt foul.

"Hey, N!" Dadi calls out my name.

Turning around and I witness him, his face is filled with anger, and the scent of him reeks. I had to cover my nose because the smell is unbearable.

"Before you ask, I know I stink. Kalisha and a bunch of ladies thought it was a great idea to pour different mixtures of blood on me. I tried taking a shower and putting on different clothes, but the aroma wasn't going away." He tells me, even though I already know what happened to him.

"You don't have to tell me anymore; I already know everything that went down at the salon." I shared it with him.

"How the fuck do you know?" He couldn't believe that I found out about the situation, his face getting even aggressive. He is clutching his fists.

"Kalisha told me; she tells me everything. Plus, she sent me the video of the whole incident and published it online." I respond.

He mutters something under his breath. His body posture and facial expression expose that he is annoyed and upset.

"Can you tell me why you are here? My living area is ten minutes away, and I want to go to sleep." I mentioned not wasting any time to gather the truth.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat this, but I want to kill you." He reveals, giving me a disgusting grin.

"Why?" I ask.

He chuckles, finding enjoyment out of toying with me.

"Because I hate you!"  He exclaims.

"Why do you hate me? We only met and talked once at the Owambe. I did not say or do anything to you to warrant any hatred or fight." I tried to bring sense to him.

"Before you came here, everything was going well. All of the hottest women were hitting me up, Kalisha and her family weren't bothering me, Ahti was still my best friend, and there were fewer deaths happening. But all that changed when you stepped into Virginia. Now all the ladies are against me and don't want to have sex with me, Kalisha hates me, I don't know where Ahti is, and people are dying every day." He confesses.