F11 (finally updated)

Normani pov

I nearly tripped in attempt to make it up the steep staircase that led into Ryan's building, nearly tripping over my own two feet.

I took a quick glance back at my sister who watched from the car as I made it inside the apartment building safely.

I was excited to see Ryan, I felt like things were somewhat going good for us. 

I say after lip locking with Jordyn. 

I made it to Ryans' door and gently knocked. 

The teacher quickly opened the door and she looked surprised to see me at her door tonight.

"Hey." Ryan greeted with a grin, with her arms open for me.

"Hey.." I greeted back, while walking into her embrace. "It is really nice to see you." She cooed while resting her chin on top of my head. "I'm shocked you came to see me tonight." Her arms tightened around my body as I relaxed against her.

"I wanted to see you tonight silly." I chuckled.

Ryan pulled back and looked at me with concern. "Were you drinking?" She asked. Probably picking up on the strong stench on liquor on my breath.

"Yes, but just a little!" I explained, giving her a small smile in attempt to reassure her. Ryan gave me a look and decided not to press any further on the matter, her eyes softened as she took a step back and scanned my face. "You look so beautiful." She breathed.

"Thank you." I whispered, turning my now flushed face away.

Ryan pushed the door open and intertwined her fingers with mine. She led me towards her kitchen, while looking back, taking slight glances at me.

"Would you like anything?" She asked.

"Water would be nice, thank you."

Ryan went into her refrigerator and I followed behind just to be nosy.
I stood on the tips of my toes to get a better look at what was in her fridge. I was shocked seeing such a self sufficient woman have nothing but wine bottles, some weird fruits and eggs in her refrigerator.

But then again she is only 22

"Y'all don't eat or something?" I asked, Scrunching my face up at the emptiness in her fridge.

Ryan rolled her eyes and closed the fridge. "I be forgetting that you rich folk probably don't even do y'all own grocery shopping." She said while closing the door and handing me the water bottle.

"My family does do their own shopping thank you very much, Miss high rise condo. Besides My mom is too..strong-willed to ever let another person do it for us." I sighed, getting stressed by the very thought of that woman.

"We've never spoken about your family. I know about your sister Arielle but that's all you've ever shared with me.

"I just don't like boring you with these things." I told her in hopes of her dropping it. I never liked when my family was the topic of conversation. It's embarrassing explaining my difficult relationship with them and quite frankly they are the last thing I want on my mind right now.

Ryan hummed and her hands made their way into my jacket as she moved a little closer towards me.
"I like talking about you. I don't find anything about your life boring. I just wanna know more about your life." She reassured me. She pushed a loose curl behind my ear and cupped the back of my neck.

It was something about hearing her have an actual interest in me. It felt good to finally be important someone? Like I wasn't such a burden to be around. I'm more than just a pretty face and big house. Yet here I was about to ruin it all when things were finally going well.