fallacious (4)

"Mani?" Lexa poked my thigh causing me to wince.

"Mani, are you listening to me?" The latina whined.

"Yeah sure. Where's Miss French?" I asked, looking around the classroom.

"I heard that she retired yesterday. You know my mother works at the hospital so I hear everything." She took out her compact mirror and her makeup kit.

"Lexi, you can't do your makeup at home?"

"I would've but Tori picked me up early today." She said and went back to applying the clear gloss to her lips.

"Tori?" I asked confused.

"Don't question me. Now you and miss 22! Let's talk about that."

I'm glad she brought it up. I've been thinking about Ryan all night. Especially the way her lips felt against mines. The way my knees grew weak from the tips of her fingers grazing my skin. How she made me feel safe in her arms.

I want that again but only with her.

"Alright, Seniors." The PE teacher Mr Powers, came into the class unusually happy today. "I'm sure you've all heard about Miss french's unexpected retirement but thankfully we were able to find you a great substitute teacher really quick." He quickly reassured.

Great last thing we need is someone who doesn't even know what their doing mid semester.

"So treat your new teacher well, please." He walked out and a fresh face that I did not expect to see walked in.

Her nude heels clicked across the hard floor and the matching nude dress clung to her curves.

I'm so dead.

She was already staring at me with a shocked look when I reached her eyes.

She remembers me. I knew it was a dumbass idea to listen to that jailbird, Alexa!

I could barely breathe. There a painful lump in my throat and the last place I wanted to be at was in this classroom. In front of her.

"Class settle down, please. My name is Miss Irons and I am your new history teacher." She greeted and finally looked somewhere else that wasn't at me.

I've really fucked up this time! Maybe I can talk my parents into letting me transfer schools, or I could be homeschooled or even drop out!!

I almost had sex with my teacher! I kissed my teacher! I drank alcohol with my teacher!

Melanated march is over

Just relax Normani, you got this. You just have to make it through your first period then you're good!

I quickly looked over at Lexa, who didn't look any better than I did.

"We're seeing the same person right?" She whispered.

I slowly nodded and decided it would be best if I just said nothing and treat this like a normal day.

How am I going to survive this?

"Today we're gonna start off with learning about how slavery still affects the lives of today's African Americans. I will give you links, packets and other reliable resources. You will write an 3-page report on this. It's an easy A."
She said as she pulled out a stack of papers and went around the room passing the papers out.

She took a small glance at me before setting the packet on my desk.

I felt like my head was about to explode. We spent the entire night texting each other nonstop and my entire life was a complete lie to her. I'm a catfish, a fraud, and she hates me.