fallacious(7)

Ryan pov

Class started 30 minutes ago and there's still no sight of Normani.

I checked her attendance and she's never missed a day of school and shes never been late which is why I'm worried.

Alexa seemed to be her usual self though so Normani is probably safe. But she has to know something. Those two are inseparable so maybe I should ask her? She already knows about Normani and I so it wouldn't hurt.

"Alright, class! Before you guys leave don't forget to pick up your homework sheet and a remember your paper is due next week!"

Half of them just groaned and walked out of the class without even picking up the homework sheet.

"I'm so late!" Normani said, frantically and rushing towards Alexa.

Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

She didn't even spare me a glance. Was she really that upset with me?

She looks really good today but when doesn't she look amazing?

Both girls walked towards the door but stopped once I called for Normani to stay back.

She told Alexa to go on without her and the latina shot me a death glare.

"Hey..."

"Hi...Did I do something?" She asks nervously.

"No! Of course not!" I quickly closed and locked the door. Normani eyed me suspiciously and tightly gripped her backpack.

"Then what're you doing?" She asked with an attitude.

"I just wanted to talk to you, Normani," I replied, stepping up to the short girl.

"We already talked and to be honest I don't wanna talk to you, look at you or even smell you!" She snapped. She pushed her bag onto the ground and loosened her turtleneck. "So the question is. Do you wanna fight?"

"What? No! I just want to talk."

"Then talk!" She snapped.

"I was an ass to you and I'm sorry for that I truly am but you have to understand that all of this is so scary and I got scared. I shouldn't have blamed you for all of this." I said in a soft tone.

Her glare softens and she came closer. "I'm sorry too." She said with a bashful look on her face. "I tend to be a little bit over dramatic at times and most of this is my fault. I shouldn't have lied to you but I don't regret ever getting close to you." Normani said while scratching the back of her neck and looking down at her boots.

"I don't regret it either."

Normani peaked at me through her bangs and bit her lip to contain her smile. "Really?" She asks softly.

"Yes really. I feel something special with you and I don't want that feeling to go away. But this would be so risky Normani."

"I know." She said. The small girl stood inches away from me, her fingertips lightly grazed my jaw and she pushed the loose strands of hair behind my ear.
"But I really like you Ryan and I'm willing to be on guard 25/8. Like the secret service agent that protects not only what we have but you also." She said assuring me.

"Normani, let's just take it to slow okay?" I whispered, leaning toward her.

"Okay," she nodded.

She leaned in closer and passionately captured my lips with hers. Normani sighed in content and wrapped her arms around my neck. I slid my hand down the dip of her back and gently pulled her into me.