Chapter 15: Assistance

Start from the beginning

My eyes shifted to Sir Danny, walking towards his table. The dark circles under his eyes became more visible than the last time.

His eyes roamed around the room as if looking for someone then it stopped, our eyes met for a second. He returned his gaze to his laptop and he picked up a paper inserted in his laptop.

"Felicine, your presence is needed in the board room. You're excuse to every subject that you can't attend." He said to me.

I can feel the gazes from my classmates. I can also hear rumors from them.

Like 'ano kayang ginawa niya? Transferee pa lang pero pinatawag na agad, sa board room pa ah.' and the likes but I just ignored them.

After my adviser informed me, agad na lumabas ako ng classroom. Ramdam ko pa rin ang mga tingin nila sa akin hanggang sa paglabas ko.

Sa totoo lang, medyo kinakabahan ako dahil biglaan ang pagpapatawag sa akin but I am sure that it's not about violating the school rules since I haven't done such a thing.

I already know where the board room is located since that is where I had my entrance exam. The board room is located in the ground floor, together with the other facilities. By facilities, I mean the organizations that helps the campus to be at peace.

I already reached the ground floor and continued walking going to the left.

As I am walking, I remembered something, its about Cali. Some moments of him being dejected flashed through my mind.

If I'm not mistaken, the first time that he ever showed the other side of him was when he met my mom, he uttered the words 'you are lucky' or something like that while looking at my mom walking away.

Then the next one was when my father visited me, he was punched by him pero sinabi niya sa akin na 'sanay' na daw siya. Does that mean that he was already punched many times? By whom?

And then the next one was when Eudayme and him went to visit me. I mentioned to him about my past and he said that we are the same.

And the last one. When Adrianna mentioned to me earlier that he shouted my name the time the bomb exploded. It's too unusual and definitely not like him.

Napatigil ako sa kakaisip ng makita kong ilang hakbang na lang bago ako makarating sa board room. Nasa dulo ito ng building.

Nakita kong may taong nakasandal sa pader, kaharap ang pinto ng boards room. Nakalagay sa bulsa ng pants ang kanyang kamay, nakayuko ang ulo at ang itim at magulong buhok ay tinatakpan ang kanyang mukha. Hindi ko makilala kung sino iyon dahil sa kanyang buhok at dahil na rin sa anino ng pader na kanyang sinasandalan.

Ilang hakbang pa ang aking ginawa at sa wakas ay nakita ko na rin siya. Speaking of the devil.

"You were called here too?" tanong ko sa kanya dahilan para mapatingin siya sa akin. Tumayo naman siya ng tuwid at humarap sa akin.

"Obviously. Why would I be here If I haven't been summoned?" sagot sa akin ni Cali, in a sarcastic tone at napatingin sa aking likuran.

"Hey!" may biglang umakbay sa akin mula sa likuran dahilan para mapatingin ako dito.

I saw Eudayme smiling widely. Cali forced a cough and I quickly removed his arm around my shoulder.

"Stop flirting around and get inside. They're probably waiting." Cali said and went to grab the doorknob.

I was not flirting around! It was Eudayme who put his arm on my shoulder and plus! Who am I to flirt with him? He isn't my type!

We followed Cali who's standing in front of the boards room door. The door has a gold metal plate with the words "Boards Room" engraved on it.