Chapter 10

AN! I'm really sorry for not updating in a while, I switched schools and I've been having to catch up with a lot of work while keeping up Japanese studies, so I've been busy. I should be able to be more consistent now though, and I'll try to post a chapter every couple of weeks if I can. Also, I have 8k views and over 300 votes !? So wow, thank you.

(Janus' Pov)

Virgil left dragging Roman by his collar as I was laying down. Around 20 minutes later he came back with an angry expression on his face. I waved him over to my position on the couch and he sat down.

I wanted to reach over there to kiss him and make him feel better, but I know I couldn't. Instead I tried to sit up and reach over to him, but my stiches were still fresh and temporary, so I ended up fallinb off the couch. He was startled out of his thoughts and went to go help me immediately.falling

He got off the couch to pick me up and walked to the kitchen. He then set me down on the wood table. I could tell that he was uncomfortable getting my blood on the wood, seeing as he liked things as clean as possible. He grimaced at my blood stained shirt before peeling it off. He went back to the bathroom to get bandages and other supplies.

Neither of us had said a word, both in a comfortable silence. He brought an alcohol covered rag to the stitches after taking them out and pressed lightly on my arm with his other hand, looking up at me for confirmation. I nodded and he gently cleaned up the wound as I winced. He stitched me back up after disinfecting the cut. Virgil then bandaged it and gave me a bit of ice. He then picked me up again and brought me back to the couch.

Virgil looked at me to make sure I was okay, to which I nodded to. He then left to grab me a blanket, and then went to clean the blood off of the table. I peacefully watched him as he silently cleaned the kitchen. He then came back over and collapsed on the couch. I could see that he was tired, so I beckoned him over to come lay down with me. I need that he would sleep, but I knew it probably wouldn't happen. Even if he did he would probably wake up in a few minutes.

I started to play with his hair and his eyes half closed, he started shifting a lot underneath me and I made a motion to take his shirt and jacket off. He nodded a yes to me, so I took them off and let his wings loose. (I almost forgot about that, lol)  He stretched them out and I rubbed them, knowing that it helps to relax him.At some point I ended up dozing off and I felt Virgil's soft wings covering my body like a light and fluffy silk blanket.

(Virgil's Pov)

I laid (laid? Layed? Lied? Idk) with Janus for a while while he sat rubbing my wings. It felt wonderful, and my mood improved a lot from when Roman was attacking Remus. Remus! I hadn't seen him when I got back, and I was preoccupied with Janus. I quickly got up, trying to not wake Janus up, and sped around the Dark Mindpalace trying to find him. I first went into his bedroom to see if he was there. That was a grave mistake for my eyes, so I shut the door quickly after realizing that he wasn't there. I knew there was one other place that he probably was.

I faced out of the Palace and ran to a certain area in the dark side of the Imagination. I walked into a beautiful swamp. It was completely water, but you could walk on the surface. The constant sunset made the water an array of colors from red to orange to yellow to purple, and mixes in between. I found Remus sitting next to a tree with it's long thin leaves dipping down slightly below the water.

I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked at me and motioned for me to sit down with him. We sat in a comfortable silence before he spoke, "You know, I've never seen the point of having all these different places and and labels in this mind."

I looked at him, deeply thinking about what that meant. "I find it unnecessary as well. Why have names and labels for all of these things, that are just the same. And yet people still find the need to separate and hurt," I replied back.

We sat for a bit longer until Janus found us and sat down too. We all knew that we couldn't just leave the situation with the light sides like it was. Roman was locked out and hurt, Logan was probably isolating himself, and they both left Patton to deal with everything. I sighed and picked up a pebble to play with.

Janus ended up falling asleep, he was probably tired cause of well, the giant stab wound he got. Me and Remus worked together to Pick him up and get him back to his room. Without a word to Remus I hugged him and started to walk out of the front door. I'm sure he could tell what I was doing. I walked slowly to the gate between the dark and light Mindpalaces.

I hesitantly lifted my foot slightly up, and barely over. I was having second thoughts, I was happy with Janus, Remus and Remy. I honestly didn't know if I wanted to go. I shook my head and decided to walk over. I couldn't just leave Patton and Logan, and I would probably eventually start to miss Roman.

I examined the sudden change of my surroundings and took in a deep breath. I struggled and started to put one foot in front of the other, as I started the journey to the place I no longer wanted to call home.

1019 Words