Chapter 9

I would personally like to apologize in advance to all of the Roman fans. I personally do not like him and the chapter needed spice because you deserve it. ~Author

(-Virgil's Pov -)

Today felt different somehow. Like something important was too going to happen, something bad. I went out of my room and went to Janus since he's my main comfort. I walked out of my room and immediately felt that something was amiss.

"Rem? Jan?" I called out. The place was completely quiet and no lights were on. I went back in my room and grabbed my phone and turned the flashlight on.

It shined into the dark and everything looked normal until some liquid in the floor glinted weirdly.

...

Red liquid.

I ran over to it and count a giant pool of blood with some of Janus' scales in it. I immediately panicked and started hyperventilating. I quickly calmed myself down and the lights came back on. Revealing a figure standing over another with a sword.

It was Remus with Roman's sword, and he was standing over Roman. I ran to them and pulled the sword out of Remus' hand. It was then I got a good look at the both of them. Remus had a few scratches on him and a big cut on his shoulder. He had some bruises and his hair was messed up. Roman had a pretty deep slice on his chest, a lot of bruises and cuts, and basically was really badly beat up.

Roman looked relieved and ran over to me. He put me behind him and raised his fists, ready to fight.

I pulled him back roughly and shoved him to the floor. Don't get me wrong, I can get along with Roman, but I have a feeling he started this.

"What is going on here!?" I shouted at them. Remus started to explain but Roman cut him off.

"I came to save you from these villains. Remus attacked me and I simply fought back to the best of my ability before he cornered me. Then you came and saved me from the bastard demon." I did not believe that at all.

" Yeah right, and I represent confidence. You know what I think Roman? I think that you came in here, they said you were taking me back. I think that Rem and Jan tried to protect them and you hurt them. You hurt the people I care about most Roman, that's what I think. And I also think that Remus and Janus both think the same. And frankly, I trust them more than you. " I snapped at him.

He was shocked and hurt to say the least. I told him to stay right there, or I would let Remus have fun with him. I walked around a bit until I found Janus in the bathroom stitching up a giant stab sound in his stomach. It wasn't on something vital, so I knew it hurt less that experiencing dying over and over until he was healed enough that a normal person wouldn't die. (AN: I tried to get something out of my eyelashes while writing this and I touched my eyeball and it didn't hurt and I freaked out.)

I ran over to him because I knew the only thing that was keeping him awake was adrenaline from the fight. Janus looked up at me and stopped moving. He gave the needle to me and I finished up taking care of his wounds and trying to get him to rest. I went over to Remus and told him to make a whee!chair for Janus. I brought it back and got him in because I knew he wouldn't rest with Roman here.

We walked back and saw that Remus with Roman tackled to the ground. I reluctantly pulled Remus off and sat Roman up and immediately asked him what the hell he was doing there.

"You don't understand! They must have put a spell on you or something! C- Come on Virgil! It's me! Roman, your friend. Remember? Patton and. Logan, so you remember them!?" He started yelling, trying to run towards me.

Remus and Janus ran in front of me, but I pushed them away, "Yeah my best friends that I've trusted forever and say more than you, totally put a spell on me. Maybe you, Roman should try to look at the bigger picture and not run in here and ATTACK YOUR OWN BROTHER. Maybe you should be the one to try to remember human decency, Roman." I spit out his name like a piece of trash.

I grabbed him by his collar while he was still shocked. I was angry, but I knew it he spent too much time in here he would fully turn into a dark side. He was already starting to. We finally got to the gateway between the light and the dark mind palace after going through the imagination. I threw him back over, and locked the gate shut for a temporary time.

I don't know what the fuck he's thinking, but he needs to back up.

853 words